Today be cautious, vigilant, and discerning while remaining honest, sincere, and trustworthy. To do this will require wisdom and integrity, so live out your today smart and good-hearted! We are going out into a challenging world and challenging time. We need to grab hold of the instructions and advice of Jesus as He sent his disciples out to preach the gospel. Additionally, we need to be able to see through the deceit in the world and avoid its potential pitfalls. Jesus wants us to do it with a heart full of love and compassion, being ambassadors of peace and purity.
Today’s Verse of the Day:
Let’s be the dads who consider how to walk with wisdom and integrity and:
- turn to God’s Word and study it.
- listen carefully to the word of Jesus in order to understand
- choose the right path of living.
- are aware of the dangers and risks in this world.
- choose to live our lives Jesus’ way and therefore choosing to live our lives to a higher calling.
Looking up what today’s verse of the day means wisdom and integrity are revealed:
- “To be “wise as serpents” means to be shrewd, astute, and clever in the face of danger or adversity. It suggests that one should be cautious, vigilant, and discerning, able to see through deceit and avoid potential pitfalls. In this context, the serpent is often seen as a symbol of cunning and deception.”
- “To be “innocent as doves” means to be pure, guileless, and harmless. It suggests that one should be honest, sincere, and trustworthy, with a heart full of love and compassion. In this context, the dove is often seen as a symbol of peace and purity.”
- “Taken together, the phrase “wise as serpents and innocent as doves” implies that one should be both smart and good-hearted, capable of navigating the challenges of life with both wisdom and integrity.”
Let’s go beyond being hearers and readers of the word thus becoming doers and applying God’s Word in our lives and the lives of our families.
Let’s be the dads who apply today’s verse of the day by being:
- Discerning: “As a dad, it’s important to be wise and discerning when it comes to making decisions for your family. Consider all the options and weigh the consequences before making a choice.”
- Cautious: “Being cautious doesn’t mean being fearful, but rather being aware of potential dangers and taking necessary precautions to protect your family.”
- Strategic: “Think ahead and plan for the future. This involves being proactive and anticipating potential challenges.”
- Honest: “Honesty is a core value of living with integrity. Be truthful with your family, and set an example of honesty and integrity for your children.”
- Respectful: “Treat others with respect, even those who may not share your values or beliefs.”
- Compassionate: “Show compassion to those who are hurting or in need. Teach your children to be compassionate as well.”
- Forgiving: “Forgiveness is an important part of living with integrity. Teach your children to forgive others and model forgiveness in your own life.”
- Responsible: “Take responsibility for your actions and choices. Don’t blame others for your mistakes.”
- Self-controlled: “Living with integrity involves self-control. Practice self-discipline in all areas of your life.”
- A good example: “As a dad, you have a tremendous influence on your children. Be a positive role model and set an example of living with integrity.”