Let’s be the dads who get dressed for success by putting on the full armor of God, so we can not only stand firm but also take back what has been lost! Let’s be the dads who view success through God’s definition, calling, and purpose! Let’s be the dads who are dressed for success in defending! Let’s be the dads who are dressed for success in attacking! Let’s be the dads who are dressed for success in restoring! Let’s be the dads who are dressed for success in standing our ground! Let’s be the dads who are dressed for success in taking back ground for God! Let’s be the dads who are dressed for success by putting on the full armor of God before we consider heading out for the day!
Let’s pause and reflect upon what God’s Word tells us:
Let’s be the dads who realize how the devil tries to rob us and take ground from us! In Ephesians 4:19 we read how the devil tries to take the ground as follows:
‘And they, [the ungodly in their spiritual apathy], having become callous and unfeeling, have given themselves over [as prey] to unbridled sensuality, eagerly craving the practice of every kind of impurity [that their desires may demand]. ‘Ephesians 4:19
using immorality! In Ephesians 4:28 we read how the devil tries to take the ground as follows:
‘The thief [who has become a believer] must no longer steal, but instead he must work hard [making an honest living], producing that which is good with his own hands, so that he will have something to share with those in need. ‘Ephesians 4:28
using greed! In Ephesians 4:31 we read how the devil tries to take the ground as follows:
‘Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor [perpetual animosity, resentment, strife, fault-finding] and slander be put away from you, along with every kind of malice [all spitefulness, verbal abuse, malevolence]. ‘Ephesians 4:31
So let’s be the dads who are ready and equipped, putting on the full armor of God, for we know that when we resist the devil, he will flee! Let’s be the dads who are looking for ways to take back the ground the devil has taken by “repenting as soon as the Holy Spirit convicts us and then reclaim the ground that we have given Satan the “legal right” to occupy“!
As I was searching for how to take back the ground the devil takes I found this article that gives some great steps to help us in recovering and retaking the ground the devil has taken:
- Repent of your sin. – ‘The Lord favors those who fear and worship Him [with awe-inspired reverence and obedience], Those who wait for His mercy and lovingkindness. ‘ Psalms 147:11
- Make a full confession to God. – ‘If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just [true to His own nature and promises], and will forgive our sins and cleanse us continually from all unrighteousness [our wrongdoing, everything not in conformity with His will and purpose]. ‘ 1 John 1:9
- Claim the blood of Christ. – ‘When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh (worldliness, manner of life), God made you alive together with Christ, having [freely] forgiven us all our sins, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of legal demands [which were in force] against us and which were hostile to us. And this certificate He has set aside and completely removed by nailing it to the cross. When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities [those supernatural forces of evil operating against us], He made a public example of them [exhibiting them as captives in His triumphal procession], having triumphed over them through the cross. ‘ Colossians 2:13-15
- Ask God to take back surrendered ground. – ‘They show that the essential requirements of the Law are written in their hearts; and their conscience [their sense of right and wrong, their moral choices] bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or perhaps defending them on that day when, as my gospel proclaims, God will judge the secrets [all the hidden thoughts and concealed sins] of men through Christ Jesus. ‘ Romans 2:15-16
- Make confession to appropriate authorities. – ‘So if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and while there you remember that your brother has something [such as a grievance or legitimate complaint] against you, leave your offering there at the altar and go. First make peace with your brother, and then come and present your offering. ‘ Matthew 5:23-24
- Tear down “strongholds” of false ideas. – ‘The weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood]. Our weapons are divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying sophisticated arguments and every exalted and proud thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought and purpose captive to the obedience of Christ, being ready to punish every act of disobedience, when your own obedience [as a church] is complete. ‘ 2 Corinthians 10:4-6
- Build up “fortresses” of truth. – ‘Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life. Put away from you a deceitful (lying, misleading) mouth, And put devious lips far from you. Let your eyes look directly ahead [toward the path of moral courage] And let your gaze be fixed straight in front of you [toward the path of integrity]. Consider well and watch carefully the path of your feet, And all your ways will be steadfast and sure. Do not turn away to the right nor to the left [where evil may lurk]; Turn your foot from [the path of] evil.’ Proverbs 4:23-27
- Be ready for opportunities to share with others. – ‘For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to [that which] the Scriptures [foretold], and that He was buried, and that He was [bodily] raised on the third day according to [that which] the Scriptures [foretold], and that He appeared to Cephas (Peter), then to the Twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred brothers and sisters at one time, the majority of whom are still alive, but some have fallen asleep [in death]. Then He was seen by James, then by all the apostles, and last of all, as to one untimely (prematurely, traumatically) born, He appeared to me also. For I am the least [worthy] of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I [at one time] fiercely oppressed and violently persecuted the church of God. But by the [remarkable] grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not without effect. In fact, I worked harder than all of the apostles, though it was not I, but the grace of God [His unmerited favor and blessing which was] with me. So whether it was I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed and trusted in and relied on with confidence. Now if Christ is preached as raised from the dead, how is it that some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain [useless, amounting to nothing], and your faith is also vain [imaginary, unfounded, devoid of value and benefit—not based on truth]. ‘ 1 Corinthians 15:3-14
So today, let’s be the dads who put on the full armor of God so that we can stand firm against the devil and resist Him! Let’s be the dads who start the process of taking background that was lost to the devil for ourselves, our wives’ sake, and our kids’ sake!
Consider how Jacob did it: Sharing is caring, right? Care enough to share God’s story through your life! – God’s story through my life from 2005 to eternity… (wordpress.com)
1 thought on “Let’s get dressed for success! Put on the full armor!”
Comments are closed.