Do you realize that God’s ways are better than our ways? Do you realize that God’s got a plan for you and that it is for good and not for evil? Do you realize that we need to be sensitive to God’s Spirit so that we know which way to go? So let’s choose to lean in on God and trust God rather than trying to lean on your own understanding so that He is able to show you the path to take!
What would you do if God lead you somewhere and to get back where you came from He told you to go back a different route? What would it take for you to be obedient and go a different way from the one you took to get there and know about? Let’s be the dads who are sensitive to the prompting of God so we know which way to go!
Let’s now turn to our devotional which has the description of:
“In light of the Christmas season, we are going to take a look into the gift of Wisdom. Having knowledge and having wisdom are two different things. Join us as we look at seeking wisdom and what to do with it once you have it.”UNCOMMEN: Wise Men | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible
Scripture for Today’s Devotional:
As we consider Christmas and Jesus’s coming, let’ pause to reflect and consider the various interactions with God, His angels, and His people! God’s Word is active and alive! God’s Word never returns void! God’s Word is a lamp and light and shares with us how how we need to live our lives dependent on God! Let’s be the dads who humble ourselves and praise Jesus! Let’s be the dads who bring our best to God as living offerings to Him! Let’s be the dads who are sensitive to God’s prompting and obedient to be able to walk out our lives on His path into our future!
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by UNCOMMEN.
For more information, please visit https://www.uncommen.org/.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Wise Men Went Back “Another Way”“
- Today’s Devotional begins turning to God’s Word:
- “Scripture Reference: Matthew 2:11-12 “And going into the house, they saw the child with Mary, his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense, and myrrh. And being warned in a dream not to return to Herod, they departed to their own country by another way.” way.” “
- Let’s be the dads who not only accept and receive knowledge but also can apply it and choose to walk in the wisdom of God out of obediences and trust!
- Let’s be the dads who are in relationship with God and are able to receive wisdom and direction from Him so that we know what and how to move forward!
- Today’s devotional takes us from learning about wisdom on previous days to applying wisdom as expressed to today’s scripture from God’s Word!
- Today’s devotional expresses it this way:
- “Now we end our devotion with the application of wisdom. As we can see in our focus verse, “after being warned in a dream not to return to Herod, they departed to their own country by another way.” “
- Let’s be the dads who can receive godly counsel be it through God’s Word or God’s people and choose to apply in our lives!
- Let’s be the dads who are able to receive warnings or direction and choose to apply it in our lives!
- Today’s devotional uses an example of smoking where there was a warning given and people are given the choice on how they will proceed:
- “January 11, 1964 – SURGEON GENERAL’S WARNING: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy. SURGEON GENERAL’S WARNING: Quitting Smoking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Your Health.”
- Let’s be the dads who can receive the information, take it to God and then move forward in alignment with God’s Wisdom rather than continuing to live lives that are toxic or are living toxic behaviors!
- Today’s devotional shares how the author responded in spite of the circumstances in his home:
- “Now I don’t know about you, but that sounds like some wisdom that I should apply to my life when it comes to smoking. With my mom and dad, both smoking, it was a miracle I never smoked.”
- “Some 40+ years later, I know two people who have emphysema due to smoking for decades. One was told he had 6-months to live if he didn’t stop smoking right now. When he finished, he told me, “I never knew it was terrible for me.” I looked at him and said to him that I didn’t believe that one bit. If we tie that to our scripture verse, it would be as if the wise men were saying in spite of the dream, they didn’t know it was dangerous to go back to Herod.”
- Let’s be the dads who when we get a message from God we receive it and obey it!
- Let’s be the dads who when we are given direction from God we follow it!
- Let’s be the dads who won’t have to explain why we disobeyed God’s wisdom and discernment!
- Let’s be the dads who
- Today’s devotional closes with the following thought, questions, and a challenge:
- “The question is, are we open to receiving and applying God’s wisdom to our lives once He has revealed it? The Bible exists to instruct us on how we should be more like Christ in all parts of our lives. “
- “Uncommen Questions:”
- “1. Do you seek Godly wisdom? “
- “2. Do you listen and apply Godly wisdom to your life once you have received it? “
- “Uncommen Challenge:”
- “I challenge you to ask for wisdom and then listen for the answer. Once an explanation has been provided, apply that to your life. Do not procrastinate, and do not make excuses as it will only lead to disobedience. “