Radical Wisdom: A 7-Day Journey For Fathers – Day 1 – Glorify it?
Do you realize the importance of letting your light shine? The Amplified version of the Bible speaks to us about this in Matthew 5:16 where it says ‘Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good deeds and moral excellence, and [recognize and honor and] glorify your Father who is in heaven. ‘ So today as we step in and begin this new devotional let’s take a hold of the need and reality of looking to live our lives in a way to glorify God!
So this morning I started my search again and when I found this one I felt like we’d been through this but then looking I discovered we hadn’t and with the description, I decided it would be a great one to help us continue on our devotionals about and for dads journey. Today’s devotional is described as follows:
It’s crazy how much our dads shape us. No one escapes the power and influence of their earthly father. And since most men feel unprepared to be fathers, it’s essential to seek guidance – from Scripture and from other dads. Radical Wisdom is a journey toward wisdom and insight for fathers, combining principles and wisdom from Scripture with the experience of an older, wiser dad who’s learned from his mistakes.Radical Wisdom: A 7-Day Journey For Fathers
Scripture from Today’s Devotional:
So excited to start our devotionals in God’s Word and to hear His voice. God’s Word will never return void! God’s Word will help cut through the noise and the distraction and get to the core of the matter!
Let’s be the dads who train our kids in the way they should go! Let’s be the dads who teach our kids to seek God’s wisdom and will for His abilities and talents! Let’s be the dads who train and teach our kids so that even when he is old they will not depart from it! Let’s be the dads who point our kids to God because He promises to instruct us and teach us the way we should go! Let’s be the dads who point our kids to God because He will counsel us who are willing to learn with His eye upon us! Let’s be the dads who teach our kids to trust God and know God’s voice so that we can hear Him when our ears will hear a word behind us, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever we turn to the right or to the left with God! Let’s be the dads who seek wisdom and glorify God so that we can lead our wives and our kids, our families because we know that where there is no wise and intelligent guidance, the people fall and go off course like a ship without a helm! Let’s be the dads who choose to walk in the wise and intelligent guidance of God so we can lead our families to victory because God is our counselor who provides an abundance of wisdom and godly counsel.
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by Regi Campbell from Radical Mentoring.
For more information, please visit Radical Wisdom: A Daily Journey for Leaders (radicalmentoring.com).
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“You Get What You Glorify“
- Ever witnessed a parent introduce their kids to something new?
- Ever seen how a parent may try to overdo it?
- Today’s devotional gives us two examples:
- “Have you ever watched as a young girl is “made up” by her mom, being introduced to makeup, rouge, eyeliner, and lipstick while still a child? Then she’s told how beautiful she is, not because she is, but because she (or her mom) is trying so hard.“
- “Have you been to a little league game and watched as the dad screams with delight over his son’s base hit or home run? High-fives everywhere as he slides in and scores.“
- Have you ever seen how those young ladies turn out as they grow up?
- Have you ever seen how those young men turn out as they grow up?
- Have you ever considered the impact of what you focus on on the outcomes?
- Today’s devotional puts it this way: “you get what you glorify“
- Let’s be the dads who glorify the right things in our kids so that when they grow up they will be and do the right things!
- Let’s be the dads who glorify the right things in our kids so that they will have the right attitudes and character!
- Let’s be the dads who glorify the right things in our kids so that they will be able to live their lives to the full to glorify God!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our kids how to praise God!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our kids to live in a relationship with God and glorify that!
- Today’s devotional calls out the consequences of when we are praising our kids for the material things of life instead of their spiritual lives when it says:
- Let’s be the dads who help our kids to be focused on the eternal more than the temporary!
- Let’s be the dads who help our kids to be focused on living lives that shine the light of Jesus into the world around them!
- Let’s be the dads who help our kids to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness so that God can take care of the rest!
- Let’s be the dads who praise and glorify our kids’ behavior and attitude rather than their looks and abilities!
- Let’s be the dads who are choosing to lead our families and even model how to live our lives before our kids by the way we talk to and treat our wives!
- Let’s be the dads who ensure we are leading our kids as today’s scripture shared in the right direction!
- Today’s devotional closes with this thought and question: