Today I searched for a new devotional we haven’t used yet to help encourage and strengthen dads. In my search, I found a new post from UNCOMMEN that aligns with the Christmas season we are stepping into. The idea of finding wisdom and combining it with Christmas drew me to get us started here today.
Today’s Devotional is described as follows:
In light of the Christmas season, we are going to take a look into the gift of Wisdom. Having knowledge and having wisdom are two different things. Join us as we look at seeking wisdom and what to do with it once you have it.UNCOMMEN: Wise Men | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible
Scripture from Today’s Devotional:
It’s always interesting when I turn to God’s Word before jumping into the devotionals as it sets the table, provides the foundation, and never returns void! God’s Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our paths! Let’s be the dads who choose to live in reverent fear of that Lord by worshipping Him and regarding Him as truly awesome! Let’s be the dads who realize as long as we are alive God’s not done with us and so we still have things to learn! Let’s be the dads who through worshipping God and regarding Him as truly awesome capture that it is just the beginning, the starting point, its essence, and the most important part of knowledge! Let’s be the dads who receive this from God rather than becoming foolish and despising skillful and godly wisdom and instruction and self-discipline!
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by UNCOMMEN.
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me: (check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit https://www.uncommen.org/.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“May I check your brain for you?“
- Today’s devotional gets us started with a different translation of the scripture reference:
- Let’s be the dads who are prepared for the oncoming attacks on us because we are Christians!
- Let’s be the dads who are prepared to reason with others who are curious or even combative about the truth of God, His Word, and His church!
- Let’s be the dads who grab hold of today’s verse and the truth that comes to us through the Holy Spirit!
- Today’s devotional shares how sometime we can be challenged or confronted by others when it shares:
- Let’s be the dads who grab hold of what God’s Word has to say to us, teach us, train us, and even correct us!
- Let’s be the dads who take hold of how today’s scripture is looking for us to live our lives in “awe of God“!
- Let’s be the dads who take a hold of today’s scripture and understand “His Holiness and Power should make us pause with respect, and that is the beginning of knowledge“!
- Today’s devotional speaks to how we can find answers in the midst of our questions when it says:
- Let’s be the dads who are wise and seeking wisdom because we know that “only a fool would dispose of wisdom and instruction, but where do we get God’s wisdom and guidance“!
- Let’s be the dads who lean in and stand firm on the rock of Jesus Christ so that even when the world tries to come and pull us off or pull us done, we won’t fall into the traps and start to think and live like the world!
- Let’s be the dads who trust God and choose to keep our eyes on Jesus!
- Today’s devotional provides us with insight into the difference between Knowledge and Wisdom:
- Let’s be the dads who not only have the knowledge but also can apply that knowledge with wisdom to the situations we find ourselves in today!
- Let’s be the dads who read “from the Bible about topics from our past gives us the knowledge to apply to our future“!
- Let’s be the dads who use “those Holy Directives to our lives for the Glory of God by accepting Jesus as our Savior is wisdom“!
- Today’s devotional closes with the following thoughts, questions, and a challenge:
- “Many people who have very high IQs cannot understand the Word of God. Some people who can’t read have come to Jesus.“
- “The excellent news…you can have your brain back!“
- 1 John 4: 1-2 — “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this, you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,“
1 thought on “UNCOMMEN: Wise Men – Day 1 – The more you know, the more you know you don’t know.”
Comments are closed.