Let’s be the dads who take a stand for what is right! Let’s be the dads who take a stand for what is good! Let’s be the dads who take a stand for love! Let’s be the dads who take a stand for joy! Let’s be the dads who take a stand for peace! Let’s be the dads who take a stand for patience! Let’s be the dads who take a stand for kindness! Let’s be the dads who take a stand for goodness! Let’s be the dads who take a stand for faithfulness! Let’s be the dads who take a stand for gentleness! Let’s be the dads who take a stand for self-control! Let’s be the dads who are focused on producing the fruits of the Spirit because we know against such things there is no law! Let’s jump back into today’s devotional. The introduction put it this way:
If you are a husband or father, then you are in a war—because war has been declared on the biblical family. Today, leading a family through the chaos of American culture is like leading a small patrol through enemy-occupied territory. But Jesus is not asking you to die for your family; He’s asking you to live for them.Point Man – A 5-Day Reading Plan By Steve Farrar
Scripture from Today’s Devotional:
Let’s be the dads who start our days turning to God in prayer and looking to be filled by turning to His Word! Let’s be the dads who know that from the overflow of our hearts that our mouths speak and as such do everything we can to fill our hearts and clean our hearts with God’s love and God’s Word!
Let’s be the dads who understand what the right authority structure created and defined by God for His purposes and His glory and our good is! Let’s be the dads who rebuke the lies and twisting of the truth by the devil and so turn to God’s Word to ensure we are prepared and aligned in order to rebuke and resist the devil and his schemes! Let’s be the dads who chooses God’s way over the ways of the world because we know it is for our good and His glory! Let’s be the dads who realize that God is the architect and creator of marriage and He knows why and how He created to work! Let’s be the dads who realize that all authority that is over us comes from God! Let’s be the dads who realize that submitting to authority doesn’t mean something negative or degrading but rather positions us and our wives results in ultimate good! Let’s be the dads who realize that submission is something that is supposed to bring joy that lasts! Let’s be the dads who realize that Christian marriage is supposed to be a witness of selflessness to the world around us! Let’s be the dads who choose to live our lives in such a way that will bring God the glory and cause the world to marvel at what God is doing in and through us and our marriage and our family! Let’s be the dads who submit ourselves and teach our family to submit to God by yielding to Him and His inspired Word! Let’s be the dads who realize that as the head, we are being called to a higher level and have a higher requirement on how we choose to live our lives! Let’s be the dads who don’t refuse to lead! Let’s be the dads who realize that in God’s ordained marriage there are gender specific roles and that we need to receive, accept, and walk in the ones He has given to us! Let’s be the dads who realize that God has put us in the position as the head so that we can take care and love on our wives and kids! Let’s be the dads who are responsible to do what is for our wives and kids good! Let’s be the dads who realize that just as Jesus is the head of the church and came and sacrificially gave for the sake of the church, we too are to be leading as servant leaders, sacrificially living for the good of our wives and kids! Let’s be the dads who realize we don’t have to make every decision but that whatever the decision is we are accountable for it in our marriages and families! Let’s be the dads who choose to use our headship position to sacrificially give love to our wives and kids, as well as protect and help them! Let’s be the dads who care for and love our wives and kids because that is what God has created and called us to do! Let’s be the dads who realize that “Biblical submission is the attitude and action of willingly and wholeheartedly respecting, yielding to, and obeying the authority of another.” Let’s be the dads who desire to please our wives! Let’s be the dads who love our wives and treat them with the love they deserve and model God’s plan in front of our kids and this world!
Let’s be the dads who stay alert and watch out for our great enemy, the devil! Let’s be the dads who stay alert not only for ourselves but also for our wives and kids because we know that the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour! Let’s be the dads who stand firm against him, and be strong in our faith! Let’s be the dads who remember that our family of believers all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering you are! Let’s be the dads who remember that in his kindness God called us to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus! Let’s be the dads who realize that after we have suffered a little while, He will restore, support, and strengthen us, and He will place us on a firm foundation!
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by WaterBrook Multnomah.
For more information, please visit: https://waterbrookmultnomah.com/books/606866/point-man-revised-and-updated-by-steve-farrar
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Turning the Tide of the War”
- Let’s be the dads who stand on our guard because we know the devil is trying to get between us and our wives in order to divide and conquer the family!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that one way that the devil tries to create division in the family is by trying to neutralize us as leaders of our families!
- Today’s devotional takes us into Ephesians and shares the following thought:
- ““The husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church” (Ephesians 5:23). So when Satan wants to destroy a family, he focuses on the man. If he can neutralize the man, he has neutralized the family. And the resulting damage is beyond calculation.”
- Let’s be the dads who are standing on our guard because we know the devil is going to attack us anywhere and everywhere he can think of to try and find or create a crack in our armor!
- Let’s be the dads who put on the full armor of God in order to be able to withstand these attempts and attacks by the devil!
- Let’s be the dads who are ready to resist because we have prepared ourselves before we even get out of bed by praying and before we start our day by worshipping and meditating on God’s Word because we know that the devil is going to try and take us off course using extreme temptations!
- Let’s be the dads who realize because we are getting serious about leading our families that the devil is going to amp things up to try and oppose us and divide our families!
- Let’s be the dads who care about our wives and kids and don’t become “passive and indifferent to the things of God and the spiritual leadership of his home” and let the devil have it easy and be able to ignore us as non-threats!
- Let’s be the dads who know that by following Jesus and His ways, the devil is going to be looking and trying to take us down and out!
- Let’s be the dads who are spiritual leadership for our wives and kids even though the devil won’t be pleased and will start trying to neutralize us!
- Let’s be the dads who are ready to take a stand for our families and “turn the tide in the war on the family“!
- Today’s devotional closes with the following thought and challenge:
- “Let me put it this way: Whenever a presidential election comes around, evangelicals say things like “Wouldn’t it be great to have a committed Christian in the White House?” But something else, in my opinion, would have far greater impact. If hundreds of thousands of men seriously began to lead in their own homes, the impact on America would be far greater than one Christian man leading in the White House.“
- “It is estimated that when Canada geese fly in formation, they can fly 70 percent farther than when they travel alone. If Christian men all over America would get into battle formation and begin to lead, we could turn this war around—and we could turn it quickly.“
- ““Resist the devil and he will flee from you” (James 4:7).“
- “How are you taking up the responsibility of leadership for your family? How might you be shirking that responsibility? By the standards of Ephesians 6:10-20, how do you need to get ready for spiritual attack?“