Searching through devotionals for dads helped me realize the progress we’ve made throughout this year as it took me going through three pages to find the devotional we will start today. Reading the description caught my attention on so many levels and how important it is for us as dads to live for our family in a world that is attacking God’s plan for a biblical family. The introduction put it this way:
If you are a husband or father, then you are in a war—because war has been declared on the biblical family. Today, leading a family through the chaos of American culture is like leading a small patrol through enemy-occupied territory. But Jesus is not asking you to die for your family; He’s asking you to live for them.Point Man – A 5-Day Reading Plan By Steve Farrar
Scripture from Today’s Devotional:
As we begin today, it is so important to start in God’s Word and allow God’s Word to speak for itself. God’s Word is active and alive and will meet us right where we are at today. God’s Word is powerful, sharper than a double-edged sword, and able to cut through everything, even to the level of dividing up the consequences of our thoughts, decisions, and actions as well as between soul and spirit, and the intentions of the heart. So let’s make sure our days start first with God and second in God’s Word so that we can be filled up and ready to be the dads our wives, our kids, and our world need for us to be.
Let’s be the dads who understand God’s original intentions in creation! Let’s be the dads who realize the process required and taken for God to give us a healper who is just right for us! Let’s be the dads who realize that God gave us a task, a purpose, a reason to be including using our words to speak life! Let’s be the dads who realize that God how special our wives are as God created them on purpose, with purpose, and for the purpose of being with us as our helpers! Let’s be the dads who understand the process and the plan of God that we got here because a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one! Let’s be the dads who grab hold of the power and impact of our relationship with our wives and how we shouldn’t feel any shame together!
Let’s be the dads who are focused on investing in our own wives and not being drawn into the trap of the devil and the lies we hear in this world! Let’s be the dads who choose to only have sex with our wives and not allow promiscuity to take place in our lives, our marriages, and our families! Let’s be the dads who keep our lives and our relationships with our wives sacred and united with Jesus in the center! Let’s be the dads who allow our wives to be fountains of blessings in our lives! Let’s be the dads who rejoice in our wives because we see them as loving and graceful! Let’s be the dads who are satisfied and captivated by our wives, speaking love and life into them and keeping ourselves from the traps and lies of the devil! Let’s be the dads who love our wives and don’t waste time or energy doing things that don’t improve our marriages or even hurt our relationships with our wives and kids!
Let’s be the dads who choose to live our lives according to God’s will and God’s plan because we know that “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.”
Let’s be the dads who love our wives with a particular emphasis on action, just as Christ loves the church! Let’s be the dads who love our wives with a love that should involve a deep, lifelong commitment and the willingness to make any sacrifices necessary on her behalf! Let’s be the dads who are called to a level of dedication that includes love unto death! Let’s be the dads who must love their wives, dedicate their life to staying with their wives, and be willing to die for their wives if need be! Let’s be the dads who choose to be imitators of God when it comes to loving and leading our wives and our families! Let’s be the dads who realize that abuse, mistreatment, or abandonment are not acceptable and definitely never justifiable! Let’s be the dads who love our wives to the point of supporting and providing for their personal care, time, and provision! Let’s be the dads who choose to never neglect our wives and kids! Let’s be the dads who never abandon our wives and kids because we know that such actions and activities are acts of violence against them! Let’s be the dads who love our wives and kids more than just a feeling but to the point it causes us to act and do things on their behalf! Let’s be the dads who grab onto the reality that we are called on to love, not just any kind of love but agape love which means we are to be concerned for our wives and kids with a selfless and sacrificial point of view for their welfare!
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by WaterBrook Multnomah.
For more information, please visit: https://waterbrookmultnomah.com/books/606866/point-man-revised-and-updated-by-steve-farrar
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Satan’s Strategy: Divide and Conquer”
- Let’s be the dads who turn to God’s Word and scripture as our “blueprint for how the family is supposed to function“!
- Let’s be the dads who realize and accept our position as “head of the family“!
- Let’s be the dads who together with our wives raise our kids in “a home where Jesus is the focus“!
- Let’s be the dads who make sure that “the Bible is the most important book in the home“!
- Let’s be the dads who take responsibility and partner with our wives to ensure and “make sure the children grow up in an environment that will enable them to one day become competent, responsible parents in their own right“!
- Let’s be the dads who are focused on ensuring a legacy of biblical families for generations to come!
- Let’s be the dads who realize the devil’s goal is to rob, kill, and destroy the plans and purposes of God in and through our lives!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that the devil’s strategy for disrupting the biblical family from continuing generation to generation is “To effectively alienate and sever a husband’s relationship with his wife. He wants to divide the parents and conquer the family“!
- Let’s be the dads who stand on guard, with Jesus as our firm foundation, putting on the full armor of God to prevent and stop the devil’s strategy from impacting and affecting us, our wives, and our families!
- Let’s be the dads who come alongside other men because we see and hear and know that families are struggling around the country and around the world because of the devil’s schemes!
- Let’s be the dads who with our wives “refuse to allow anything to divide them, they become an impregnable force in the war on the family“!
- Let’s be the dads who aren’t spending our emotional energy fighting with our wives so that we can be partnering and constructively be building our families!
- Let’s be the dads who with our wives are committed to each other and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
- Let’s be the dads who with our wives are building our families on the firm foundation of Jesus Christ and the Word of God!
- Let’s be the dads who choose daily to build our homes by teaching our kids and through the way we live what a biblical worldview is!
- Let’s be the dads who enable our kids to have and see “God’s perspective on right and wrong, which provides spiritual wisdom and discernment“!
- Today’s devotional closes with the following thought and challenge: