As I get to day 6 I am excited and at the same time saddened that tomorrow will be our last day in this devotional. I am excited and thankful for Lonnie Barker and this Bible App devotional as well as his YouTube videos. I am thankful to have received his approval to use this devotional as part of my 2022 blog postings. Before we jump into today’s devotional, let’s remember that we are to be the dads who are Protectors, Providers, Priests, Parents, and Pupils in our homes! Let’s take up the calling on our lives from God and be the dads who are the Protectors, Providers, Priests, Parents, and Pupils in our homes! Let’s be the dads who accept the calling of God upon our lives and choose to step up and stand up for our wives and kids! Let’s be the dads who trust God and lean hard on Him to help us to be the Protectors, Providers, Priests, Parents, and Pupils in our homes! Let’s not try to do it in our own strength or our own understanding but allow ourselves to be the dads who are sensitive to and obedient to the Holy Spirit’s leading and guiding!
Today’s devotional is described as follows:
If there ever was a time for men to show up and rewrite the narrative of what it means to be a man of integrity, a good husband and a better father, that time is now. The fad of the absentee Dad is outdated, and we as men have to step up to the plate and be the fathers, husbands and leaders God has called us to be.Maximized Manhood | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible
Scripture from Today’s Devotional:
What better place to turn when getting started than God’s Word? Be it getting started for your day. Be it getting started on your project. Be it getting started for your devotional time. Let’s be the dads who start by starting in God’s Word! God’s Word is active and alive and can cut through all the craziness and get straight to the truth! God’s Word is able to teach, rebuke, correct, and train us in righteousness so that we can be men of God who are complete, and fully equipped for every good work!
Let’s be the dads who have allowed God to pour His Spirit out on us! Let’s be the dads who prophesy! Let’s be the dads who dream! Let’s be the dads who are visionary! Let’s be the dads who stick so close to God that He is able to reveal His plans to us!
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by REALationships Marriage Ministry.
For more information, please visit REALationships.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- What comes to mind when you hear the word prophet?
- Do you think seer, like the one from old greek mythology on Mount Olympus? Do you think fortune-tellers, like the ones at the carnival, or circus, you see on tv or the internet? Do you think of specific people who over the years have made or taken claim to that title?
- Today’s devotional provides us with the following definition: “[prof-it] noun a person who speaks for God by divine inspiration; a person who foretells or predicts what is to come“.
- Today’s devotional has a YouTube video which I think we should take a look at before we jump into the rest of this devotional. For some reason I am not able to embed it so here is the link: Maximized Manhood [LnnSi] (youtu.be)
- Let’s be the dads who are the prophets of our homes!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that God created us on purpose, with purpose, and for His purpose!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that God knew us before we were born and formed us in our mother’s wombs!
- Let’s be the dads who speak the heart of God into the lives of our families!
- Let’s be the dads who warn of modern-day destruction that try to attack our families!
- Let’s be the dads who realize the power that we have in our words, the power of life and death, to build up and tear down, and as such think before we speak!
- Let’s be the dads who are careful as we walk into the role as prophet and as such are careful in the worlds we speak, be it blessings or curses.
- Let’s be the dads who are nurturing our wives and kids to be bold and mighty men and women of God!
- Let’s be the dads who are speaking words of life and encouragement to our wives and kids!
- Let’s be the dads who tap into the Word of God and sought God in prayer to get the vision for your home, household, family, and marriage!
- Let’s be the dads who are seers who can see what God is showing us!
- Let’s be the dads who seek God today so we can have a clear vision of what god has and wants in, through, and from us!
- Let’s be the dads who “speak the heart of God and to declare the promises of God“!
- Let’s be the dads who “are visionaries and have the ability to hear God and declare His word“!
- Let’s be the dads who “declaring God’s word in our family’s lives and being the visionary in our home“!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t take this role lightly because we know that it comes with a lot of responsibility!
- Let’s be the dads who realize the accountability that was put on the prophets of old, in the Bible days and how “a prophet could lose his life because of false prophecy and for not obeying God’s commands“!
- Let’s be the dads who realize not all news is good news based on what is going on in society and in our homes and as such “contrary to modern-day church culture, the role of a prophet is not always bringing good news or prophesying cars, homes and money“!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that “the role of a prophet is to also warn others of God’s judgment and wrath for disobedience“!
- Today’s devotional closes with the following thought, call to action, and prayer:
- “As the prophet in your home, are you speaking love and life into your house? Are you daily declaring God’s word over your family? What is God’s vision for your family? Are you spending time with God, reading His word, getting daily instruction on how to lead your family to the Lord? I know every scent, sound and situation in my home because I submit to the Holy Spirit and am willing to be sensitive to the atmosphere in my home. When things are out of line, I sense it and I seek God for direction and insight. When my children are troubled, God speaks to me. When my wife is uneasy, God reveals it to me. This type of discernment comes only by prayer, consecration and studying God’s word. I can’t do it in my own logic, reasoning or intellect. It is a gift from God and I’m thankful for it. Men, the more time we spend seeking the Lord, the less time we have for things that will come to distract us. If there was ever a time we needed to be more focused spiritually, the time is now.“
- “Call To Action: Walk through your house and declare God’s word. Speak God’s promises into the atmosphere. Prophesy over your children. Declare they are a gift from God and that God has plans to prosper them and not to harm them. Prophesy over your wife. Declare that God is going to strengthen her and fortify your marriage and that you will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.“
- “Prayer: Lord I speak to the dead areas of my life, in my family and my ministry. I prophesy that You will resurrect every dry place and bring new life into my home and my marriage. You have given me the power to overcome evil and to do good. Speak to my heart so that I may share Your heart with others. In Jesus’ name. Amen.“