What an incredible devotional this is. We’ve touched on being protectors and then on being providers, and am excited to get to hear from our devotional today. Let’s be the dads who are ready to dig in and dig deeper in order to be the men, the husbands, and the dads were are called to be! Let’s be the dads who turn to God to help us see gaps to fill and weaknesses to strengthen! Let’s be the dads who pursue becoming the dads God created, called, and purposed for us to be!
Today’s devotional is described as follows:
If there ever was a time for men to show up and rewrite the narrative of what it means to be a man of integrity, a good husband and a better father, that time is now. The fad of the absentee Dad is outdated, and we as men have to step up to the plate and be the fathers, husbands and leaders God has called us to be.Maximized Manhood | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible
Scripture from Today’s Devotional:
Every day starts in God’s Word for me and similarly when I prepare to jump into a devotional, I start with what they are going to do/say/use from God’s Word. God’s Word never returns void and I know that each day, whatever verse(s) God has planned and prepared for me to discover will have power and be able to help me cut through whatever I am facing because God’s Word is like a double-edged sword!
Let’s be the dads who believe and put all of our trust in God because we know that we can have an intimate relationship with Him through Jesus who is the great High Priest who has entered heaven! Let’s be the dads who lean in on and ask Jesus to help us no matter what we are facing because we know that He understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin! Let’s be the dads who don’t wander or run away from God but instead choose to come boldly to the throne of our gracious God! Let’s be the dads who go to the throne of God with expectancy, trusting Him, and humbly surrendering to Him because there we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most!
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by REALationships Marriage Ministry.
For more information, please visit REALationships.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- What comes to mind when you hear the word priest?
- Is it a picture of someone with a robe and white collar?
- Today’s devotional provides for us this definition: “[preest] noun a person whose office it is to perform religious rites, and especially to make sacrificial offerings“.
- Receiving an encouraging email today from Lonnie, I am encouraged to start off this post using his YouTube video. Take a moment to watch and hear what Lonnie Barker has to say: https://www.youtube.com/embed/FRBi4f9nJ3k
- Let’s be the dads who are the priest of our homes!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that as the man of the home we are to be the priest of our homes!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t allow the ideas of what a priest is to keep us from stepping up and becoming the priest of our homes!
- Let’s be the dads who as the priest of our homes go to God on behalf of our family, on behalf of our wives and kids!
- Let’s be the dads who as the priest of our homes go to God in times of consecration, fasting, and prayers to break the strongholds over our homes!
- Let’s be the dads who as the priest of our homes go to God in worship and lead our family in worship!
- Let’s be the dads who as the priest of our homes go to God for wisdom and guidance on how to lead our families into the presence of God!
- Let’s be the dads who are humbled by the calling on our lives to be the priest of our homes rather than fearful or intimidated!
- Let’s be the dads who turn to God and pray to receive more revelation and insight as to what it means and how He wants us to be the priest of our homes!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that unlike the priest of the old testaments who had to bring sacrifices we have Jesus who is the ultimate sacrifice for the sins of all mankind!
- Let’s be the dads who intercede “on behalf of our family should be a top priority for every man who is a believer”!
- Let’s be the dads who receive that it is our “duty to stand in the gap for our family, offering praise and thanksgiving to God on our family’s behalf“!
- Let’s be the dads who realize we need to stand in the gap because we “can’t live their lives for them or make decisions for them“!
- Let’s be the dads who stand in the gap and “intercede in prayer for them and offer a listening ear to them when they need someone to talk to” for our families because we know “they have to develop their own personal relationship with Jesus Christ“!
- Let’s be the dads who look for spiritual leaders like a pastor who can play “a significant role in teaching us what it looks like to be a husband, father, and man of integrity“!
- Let’s be the dads who “As men of God, we must be the leaders of worship in our household“!
- Let’s be the dads who are “present in the home“!
- Let’s be the dads who see the need in the world and fill it by being the dads “who show up and are present“!
- Let’s be the dads who reject “The fad of the absentee Dad” in order to “change the narrative of what it is to be men who embrace being good husbands and fathers, and be actively involved in the betterment of the family unit“!
- Let’s be the dads who realize where we’ve been and what we’ve done but are more interested in starting today to make things better today and into the future! None of us are perfect!
- Let’s be the dads who look to be present physically, mentally, and emotionally because we know that our families will suffer if we don’t!
- Let’s be the dads who grab a hold of the responsibility of being the priest of our homes!
- Let’s be the dads who develop a “consistent prayer life with God“!
- Let’s be the dads who are walking out our lives with God and looking for times when He opens new doors and allow our families to experience new realms of blessings and favor like never before!
- Today’s devotional closes with this thought, call to action, and prayer:
- “Man of God, when you begin to align your will with God’s will, there is no devil in hell that can stop you from walking in your priestly anointing. What a privilege and honor it is to go to the Most High on behalf of my family and to intercede for them. When I am in right standing with God, taking time daily to meditate on His word and submitting to the leading of the Holy Spirit, I can go to God with full confidence that He hears my prayers and will provide everything I need to succeed.“
- “Call To Action: Stand in the gap for your family today. Go to God on their behalf and ask God to forgive any sin or wrongdoing they may have committed throughout the week. Minimize distractions. Turn off the television, get off social media for a while and put your cell phone on silent for a designated time, so that you can have communion with God.“
- “Prayer: Lord, thank You for sending Your Son Jesus into the world to redeem us from the shackles of sin and destruction. Thank You for being the ultimate sacrifice for us so that we may have eternal life in You. Thank You for the blood that was shed on the cross and for laying down Your life which now gives us direct access to You. Lead us by Your Holy Spirit and teach us to walk the walk and not just talk the talk. In Jesus’ name. Amen.“