God’s Word says a lot about being ready! God’s Word says a lot about getting ready! Are you strategizing about how to ensure that you are ready in time?
This devotional feels like it has been going quickly and tomorrow will be our last day. So let’s take the time to make sure we get everything we can out of our today! Let’s plan! Let’s prepare! Let’s get ready! Let’s strategize using God’s Word so that we are doing it right and are ready in the right way!
Today’s devotional shares the following description with us:
Some reflections about my journey, and rediscovery of the love of our Heavenly Father, since becoming a dad to my now 4 year old daughter, Amelie Snow. I pray it blesses you.BECOMING A GODLY FATHER
Scripture from Today’s Devotional:
Let’s be the dads who turn to God’s Word first before jumping into the devotional text because we know that God’s Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path!
Let’s be the dads who turn to God’s Word first because we know that it is active and alive and so can meet us right where we are at today!
Let’s be the dads who meditate on and study God’s Word because we know that ‘All Scripture is God-breathed [given by divine inspiration] and is profitable for instruction, for conviction [of sin], for correction [of error and restoration to obedience], for training in righteousness [learning to live in conformity to God’s will, both publicly and privately—behaving honorably with personal integrity and moral courage]; so that the man of God may be complete and proficient, outfitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.’ 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Let’s be the dads who as we prepare and plan, lift up our plans to God for His perspective, direction, wisdom, and discernment because we know that His ways are better than our ways and His ways are higher than our ways! Let’s be the dads who realize that many plans are in a man’s mind, but it is the Lord’s purpose for him that will stand (be carried out)! Let’s be the dads who look to God and trust in God because we know that He created us on purpose, with a purpose, and for a purpose! Let’s be the dads who realize that God knows the plans and thoughts that I have for us and that those plans are for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and hope!
So as we prepare for today, let’s not try to do it in our own way, our own strength, or our plans but instead trust God and lean in on Him! Let’s choose to trust in the Lord with all our heart rather than trying to lean on our limited understanding so that in all our ways we will acknowledge Him and He will show us the path to take!
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by About The Publisher (biblesociety.org.au).
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me: (check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit biblesociety.org.au.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Plans For Our Lives“
- Today’s devotional is broken out into three parts: reflection, question, and prayer.
- Do you like to plan and strategize?
- Do you like to plan and strategize what your future will look like or be like?
- Do you like to plan and strategize how your marriage and family will look or be?
- Do your plans and strategy “include the hopes and dreams” for your wife?
- Do your plans and strategy “include the hopes and dreams” for your kids?
- Let’s be the dads who give the plans and strategies up to God so that even if not everything we planned or hoped for comes to be that our wives and kids will live “the purposes of God” for their lives “to love Him and to serve Him have endured“!
- Let’s be the dads who realize things in the world may get shaken up by natural disasters, plagues, and storms, and yet “the purpose and calling of the Lord for our lives remains“!
- Let’s be the dads who “commit the plans for our lives and our children’s lives to God, and pray that our Father’s will may be done on earth as it is in heaven“!
- Today’s devotional closes out the time of reflection with this statement:
- Today’s devotional closes out with this question for us to ponder:
- Today’s devotional closes out with this prayer for us to join in with:
1 thought on “Becoming A Godly Father – Day 6 – Strategizing to be ready”
Comments are closed.