Becoming A Godly Father – Day 4 – See others as valuable…
It’s the day after thanksgiving for me and as I consider becoming more like God and preparing for today’s devotional, I found a few quotes and wanted to share them with you. Becoming more like God will define and help us live with the right ethics. Becoming more like God will help us to see others as valuable. Becoming more like God will help us to “treat every individual with dignity, respect, and honor“! Let’s be the dads who turn to God to help us understand why we exist and the purpose for which He has created us! God created us on purpose, with purpose, and for a purpose and when we can receive that calling and start to pursue that purpose it will transform the way we live the rest of our lives! It’s kind of how this site and these devotionals came to be as I picked up the call to Be The Dad my wife, my kids, and my world needs me to be! God’s purpose is better than my purpose and bigger than my vision as Be The Dad isn’t where He wanted me to stop and hence the name BeTheDads so that I can come alongside other men who might be young and in school and need someone to help them to become the dads this world needs and their future wives and kids need. BeTheDads so that I can connect and build up men in the church who are dads. BeTheDads so that I can connect with dads who are separated from their kids because of bad decisions to help them realize how important it is for them to set up and BeTheDads God Create them to be for their kids, even if or when they can’t be with them. How about you? Are you ready to find your purpose in order to be able to reflect on who God is and bear His image to the world around you? Are you ready to become more like God and become a godly dad for your wife, kids, and world?
Today’s devotional shares the following description with us:
Some reflections about my journey, and rediscovery of the love of our Heavenly Father, since becoming a dad to my now 4 year old daughter, Amelie Snow. I pray it blesses you.BECOMING A GODLY FATHER
Scripture from Today’s Devotional:
Where better to start than in the beginning? What better place to turn than God’s Word? Let’s be the dads who turn to God’s Word so that we aren’t wandering in the dark but instead use it to be a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path! Let’s be the dads who turn to God’s Word to break through the noise and the clutter and break to the core, ‘For the word of God is living and active and full of power [making it operative, energizing, and effective]. It is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating as far as the division of the soul and spirit the completeness of a person, and of both joints and marrow the deepest parts of our nature, exposing and judging the very thoughts and intentions of the heart. ‘ Hebrews 4:12
Let’s be the dads who cling to the truth and reality that God created us in His image! Let’s be the dads who don’t try to do anything in our own strength and our own will but instead choose to live our lives in alignment and in accordance with God! Let’s be the dads who look to Jesus to help us know how we are to live our lives! Let’s be the dads who are looking to live our lives the same way we see modeled by Jesus! Let’s be the dads who are looking to God to know how to live our lives, in alignment with His plans, purposes, and will! Let’s be the dads who are listening to what God speaks to us through His Holy Spirit so that we can accomplish all that God has planned, purposed, and willed for our lives, even things that will fill us with wonder!
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by About The Publisher (biblesociety.org.au).
For more information, please visit biblesociety.org.au.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“We Are Image-Bearers“
- Today’s devotional is broken out into three parts: reflection, question, and prayer.
- Have you ever read the Bible and realized that “We are made in the image of God“?
- Do you realize the calling that puts on our lives?
- Do you realize it means we are called to “reflect him with our lives“?
- Let’s be the dads who choose to “reflect him with our lives” so that our kids when they see us will be able to reflect “the characteristics of the parents“!
- Let’s be the dads who will choose to receive from God and pass on to our kids the characteristics we have inherited or learned through observing behaviors!
- Today’s devotional speaks to this in the reflection section this way:
- Let’s be the dads who choose to live our lives in ways that honor God!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to reflect God’s Kingdom values!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to live our lives becoming more and more like Jesus!
- Let’s be the dads who express when we are proud of our kids when they reflect back the good traits!
- Let’s be the dads who express when we are proud of our kids when they reflect back the good manners!
- Let’s be the dads who express when we are proud of our kids when they reflect back the good values!
- Let’s be the dads who are living our lives to model and instill in our kids who God is and how we are to live and reflect Him to the world around us!
- Today’s devotional leaves us with this question:
- Today’s devotional closes with the following prayer: