Let’s keep our eyes on Jesus so that He can help us to take our thoughts captive! It may require us to do our homework and even do some research!
Scripture from Today’s Devotional:
‘The mind of the prudent [always] acquires knowledge, And the ear of the wise [always] seeks knowledge. ‘Proverbs 18:15
God’s Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our paths! God’s Word never returns void and so we need to meditate on it day and night! We need to fill our hearts with God’s Word and our minds too!
Let’s be the dads who acquire knowledge! Let’s be the dads who turn to the Holy Spirit to receive wisdom on how to use this knowledge! Let’s be the dads who are always on the lookout to find knowledge!
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by Tim Ferrara (Discerning Dad) | Twitter, Instagram, YouTube | Linktree!
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me: (check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit: https://linktr.ee/discerning_dad
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“to write a paper worthy of a good grade, you needed to do your research“
- Let’s be the dads who take and make time to be with God!
- Let’s be the dads who take and make time to be in God’s Word!
- Let’s be the dads who take and make time to hear from God!
- Let’s be the dads who use the Bible to help interpret the Bible so that we can understand the context and the meaning!
- Let’s be the dads who lean on God’s knowledge rather than our own!
- Let’s put our trust in God rather than lean on our own understanding so that He can show us the right path forward!
- Let’s be the dads who study God’s Word enough that when the Holy Spirit prompts us we know what to do and how to respond!
- Let’s be the dads who are waiting on the Holy Spirit to provide us discernment to go along with that wisdom or knowledge we have received!
- Let’s be the dads who if we don’t hear from the Holy Spirit in the moment are ready to make time to pray in order to receive the discernment required to move forward!
- Let’s be the dads who are willing to turn to godly people in our lives to join us in prayer and talk it over!
- Let’s be the dads who pause to consider what we are about to do rather than just do it impulsively!
- Let’s be the dads who pause to consider what we are about to do so that we don’t just give into “the desires of the flesh and many times regret our decision“!
- Today’s devotional speaks to things to consider when it says:
- Today’s devotional closes with this thought and challenge to reflect upon:
- “As a culture we like fast decisions; even in leadership courses they will tell you a good leader can make decisions on their feet with minimal thought. This can be a great leadership quality, but as Christians, sometimes we need to wait on the Lord and renew our strength as Isaiah 40:31 teaches us. “
- “Reflect: What is a decision that you made in haste that you should have taken more time to pray about? What do you need to be patient and wait on the Lord for?“
1 thought on “Eyes on Jesus – Day 6”
Comments are closed.