I woke up this morning with the thought of how important it is to pray for others. Yes, we are to pray without ceasing but we don’t have to talk to God only about ourselves. Let’s be the dads who pray for our wives! Let’s be the dads who pray for our kids! Let’s be the dads who pray for our world!
As we keep our eyes on Jesus, let’s check out what today’s devotional has to say!
Scripture from Today’s Devotional:
‘ And if the Spirit of Him Who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, [then] He Who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also restore to life your mortal (short-lived, perishable) bodies through His Spirit Who dwells in you.’Romans 8:11
God’s Word amazes me in how it can meet me right where I am at and speak to me about my life. Be it crossroads moments. Be it decision moments. Be it questioning or wondering moments. God’s Word has shown up in each of them. Be it wondering if I would have a son or only have daughters as I felt a connection with Philip the evangelist who had 4 daughters who were prophetesses and God brought me to the story of Abraham and the promised son named Isaac. Be it questioning if my time at Microsoft was coming to an end and getting the story of Peter invited by Jesus to get out of the boat and walked on water and then when I questioned God about that received a tweet that told me to get out of the boat. We can trust God! We can ask God and listen to what He has to say!
Let’s be the dads who lean in, believe, and receive Jesus! Let’s be the dads who allow the Holy Spirit to clean up our hearts and minds! Let’s be the dads who allow the Holy Spirit to lead us and guide us, bring us peace, and comfort us! Let’s be the dads who receive the hope and joy being delivered through today’s scripture! Let’s be the dads who rejoice “that even in this life, inhabiting our mortal flesh, we can have the life force of God flowing through us, giving us new life in Christ, what Jesus called, abundant life (Jn 10:10)“! Let’s be the dads who choose to walk out our lives in alignment to God’s Spirit living in us! Let’s be the dads who choose to live our lives knowing the Holy Spirit is living in us, not just around us! Let’s be the dads who rejoice in the fact that we are spiritually alive because we have the Holy Spirit in us! Let’s be the dads who celebrate the reality that the Holy Spirit that allowed for the resurrection of Jesus is living in us and that we too will be resurrected in Jesus when the time comes!
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by Tim Ferrara (Discerning Dad) | Twitter, Instagram, YouTube | Linktree!
For more information, please visit: https://linktr.ee/discerning_dad
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Focus on what God has to say in His Word“
- Remember how all scripture is God-breathed? So we need to grab hold of the words God has to say.
- Let’s make sure to receive what God’s Word has to say to us rather than just skimming through it as a routine or process.
- Let’s be the dads who take it seriously when we turn to God’s Word!
- Let’s be the dads who are reading to listen to what God has to say to us!
- Let’s be the dads who are reading to understand what God has to say to us!
- Let’s be the dads who are reading to be able to then teach and share what God has to say to others!
- Today’s devotional gets started thinking about the importance of reading, listening, and understanding God’s Word when it says:
- Let’s be the dads who consider and meditate on what God’s saying to us today through His Word!
- Today’s devotional shares the following insights from today’s scripture:
- “I believe I have the Spirit of God as a gift given to those who are redeemed. There is fruit of the Spirit that should be displayed in my life. I can pray in the Spirit and live by the Spirit. But this is the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead! How does that exactly work with my spirit relating to God’s spirit? How does He live in me; how does it all function when some Christians don’t move in the Spirit? And there goes the rabbit trail.“
- “We are in no way gods and will not become god, but we should have the mind of Christ because we have the Holy Spirit. This verse is not talking about the resurrection when we will be raised to life and receive new bodies at the end of days. This verse is talking about NOW; his Spirit that lives in us right now.“
- That’s right we have the Holy Spirit in us to be our comforter and guide since Jesus returned to Heaven and is sitting a the right hand of the Father, interceding for you and for me!
- That’s right we aren’t and won’t ever become gods!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to live by the Spirit!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to live our lives producing the fruit of the Spirit!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to live in the moment, the present (today is a gift from God), and to the full like Jesus desires and had planned!
- Let’s be the dads who pause and allow the Holy Spirit to give us wisdom and discernment for every situation!
- Let’s be the dads who trust God rather than leaning on our own understanding because we know then He will show us the path to take!
- Today’s devotional concludes with the following thought and challenge to reflect upon:
- “The conclusion along this line of thinking relating to discernment is knowing that if we have the mind of Christ now and the Spirit inside of us, we should be making decisions along the narrow path. This is not to say we won’t be tempted by alluring options in our path to discernment, but if we are aligned with the Spirit, the best option will be made known to us.“
- “Reflect: What is the significance of having the same Spirit in you that raised Christ from the dead? How should this impact your life on a daily basis?“