Let’s be patient in waiting for Jesus’ return! Let’s persevere in spite of our circumstances! Let’s keep our eyes on Jesus!
Scripture from Today’s Devotional:
God’s Word is wisdom for our lives. God’s Word is a love letter to our hearts! So let’s meditate and receive what God is saying to us daily! Let’s be the dads who don’t just rush into things without taking into consideration what it will take to finish them! Let’s be the dads who aren’t just good starters but are also strong finishers too! Let’s be the dads who finish what we’ve started!
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by Tim Ferrara (Discerning Dad) | Twitter, Instagram, YouTube | Linktree!
For more information, please visit: https://linktr.ee/discerning_dad
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Let’s be committed!”
- Today’s devotional points out that today’s scripture was in the context of becoming Jesus’ disciples, “lifelong, committed followers“!
- Let’s be the dads who “count the cost ahead of time so that we know what we are getting into, so that there are no tricks being played“!
- Let’s be the dads or the guys looking to one day be dads who think before we act!
- Today’s devotional shares this thought as follows:
- “Imagine if you met someone you liked and the very next day you eloped (yes, I know this happens). Wisdom would say that this is not the foundation for a long relationship. You don’t know much about this survivor that you are committing your life to; you don’t know if you will be compatible in your goals, beliefs, finances, personalities, or family dynamics. This is why most people date in order to know if they will be compatible for marriage. If you have been married for many years you know that your relationship with your spouse deepens if you stay committed; you learn more about each other over the years than what you knew at the altar.“
- Let’s be the dads who know why we “are following Jesus“!
- Let’s be the dads who are focused on the love of Jesus and then choose to invest our time and efforts to get to know Him more and more through the Bible and praying and spending time with God!
- Let’s be the dads who “commit to following Jesus and obeying His Word“!
- Let’s be the dads who look to Jesus to help us deal with constantly present or attacking sin so that we don’t have to struggle but can be free and fully follow Jesus!
- Let’s be the dads who look to Jesus to help us deal with unrepentant sin so that we don’t have to struggle but can be free and fully follow Jesus!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to be living sacrifices and give our lives fully to Jesus!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to give all of our lives up to Jesus and “allow the Holy Spirit to replace it with His will, His Spirit, and His desires“!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to give all of “our lives, our flesh, our sinful desires ” to Jesus and “allow the Holy Spirit to replace it with His will, His Spirit, and His desires“!
- Today’s devotional closes with the following thought and challenge to reflect upon:
- “With every decision we make there is an opportunity cost associated with it. The opportunity cost is what you are giving up making that decision. For example, if I cheat on my diet, I might add a couple pounds on for the next time I weigh in. Discernment in our lives requires us to know what we are giving up pursuing what we are saying yes to. Longer hours at work mean that we may not see our family as much. Neglecting the Bible consistently means that we are not as equipped to combat the attacks of the enemy.“
- “Reflect: Have you fully counted the cost in following Jesus with everything in you? What do you need to “count the cost” in a decision that you are making or need to make? “