Let’s be the dads who shine the light of Jesus into the world around us! Let’s be the dads who get filled up with the light and energy of Jesus each morning so that we can shine when we go out into the world that day! Let’s be the dads who are filled up with the light and love of Jesus so that we can shine and pour into the lives of our wives, kids, and community!
Are you willing to be a catalyst of light and change for good?
Let’s check out what wisdom we can receive today through the Everyday Discernment devotional by Tim Ferrara!
Life demands we make critical choices, but how can you do so effectively? Your ability to discern can make all the difference in what your future looks like. As you read, you will discover how to measure what you are taught against the truth of God’s Word, how to develop a life-giving connection with God, and the path to finding clear direction from the Holy Spirit.Everyday Discernment: The Importance of Spirit-led Decision Making | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible
Scripture from Today’s Devotional:
What better place to get started than in the Word of God? God’s Word is powerful and sharp, cutting straight to the core. God’s Word never returns void! God teaches us that it is good to work! We shouldn’t be working to receive salvation but rather because of our transformation through our relationship with Jesus, we should be producing good fruit and our work is the overflow of the light and love of Jesus from within! We should be working to share and demonstrate the love of God overflowing from us! Consider how Paul in the book of Philippians shares: ‘Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. ‘ Philippians 2:12-13
Let’s be the dads who choose to live our lives as representatives of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father! Let’s be the dads who choose to work willingly at whatever we do, as though we were working for the Lord rather than for people! Let’s be the dads who go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit! Let’s be the dads who choose to pour out the love of God into our wives, kids, and everyone else God brings across our paths today!
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by Helping you make better decisions that honor God (discerning-dad.com)
For more information, please visit: https://discerning-dad.com
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Discernment in Career“
- This topic is near and dear to me as just this year for the second time in my career God and I had to connect so that I would know what to do as it pertained to my career.
- Back in Feb 2013, God gave me a sign through my morning reading about Peter getting out of the boat and walking on water, and as I drove to work and asked Him “God if Microsoft is the boat and I am supposed to get out, can you tell me which side?” and moments later I received a tweet from our pastor’s wife that spoke, “get out of the boat” which started the process of me updating my LinkedIn profile, my resume, and started to apply for jobs and God opened the door (showing me which side of the boat to get out on) in April 2013 and I started in May.
- In Feb-Mar of this year, there were a lot of changes taking place and so I turned to God and said if He wanted or needed me to move on, He would need to give me another sign as direct as He did when I was to leave Microsoft and that until I had the sign I wouldn’t update my resume nor my LinkedIn profile. So He did and I started a new job in April! Not only did I find an incredible place to go but God provided me with a Christian leader too (which had been another question I had asked God about in thoughts of who my next boss might be).
- So don’t try to force it or go it alone, lean in and trust God and allow Him to show you the way to go!
- Even now it is funny when I talk to younger people about what they are thinking about being when they grow up. Over the weekend I actually shared how it wasn’t till the COVID years that I was reading some books and it came to me my purpose, my calling, who I was to be when I grow up, I am to Be The Dad my wife, my kids, and my world needs me to be!
- Let’s be the dads who allow our careers and our actions to honor God in all we say and do!
- Today’s devotional points us to Colossians 3:17 where it says:
- “Colossians 3:17 instructs us, “Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Just a few verses later, verse 23 says, “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.”“
- Let’s be the dads who focus on fulfilling the Great Commission rather than just going through the motions!
- Today’s devotional puts it this way:
- “It’s important for Christians to not just “go through the motions” with their jobs. They need to focus on fulfilling the Great Commission (Matt. 28:19), which, in turn, could lead to more fulfillment in their jobs. When you see the connection with your job and God’s Kingdom, it can help avoid discontentment.“
- Today’s devotional closes with the following thought and challenge for us to consider:
- “We have to let God in on the process of choosing our career. If we choose without asking Him, we cannot blame Him later when we are frustrated. God will lead us if we listen, that does not mean that everything will always be joyful. It is not honoring to God when you are discontent with where He has placed you. That does not mean that you cannot grow, but it does mean that you need to wait on God’s timing and be so aligned with His voice that, when He says “move,” you move!“
- “How can you have daily discernment and honor God in your career?“