Excited to continue into day 3 of our devotional written by Tim Ferrara. Excited to get to see how God will use it to help build up dads right where they are at today. Let’s lean on God rather than our own understanding, trusting Him to help us discern right and wrong, good and evil, and even sin. In case you missed the kick-off message, here is the description of this devotional:
Life demands we make critical choices, but how can you do so effectively? Your ability to discern can make all the difference in what your future looks like. As you read, you will discover how to measure what you are taught against the truth of God’s Word, how to develop a life-giving connection with God, and the path to finding clear direction from the Holy Spirit.Everyday Discernment: The Importance of Spirit-led Decision Making | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible
Scripture from Today’s Devotional:
It is always interesting to turn to God’s Word first and see what it has to say before jumping into the devotional, especially if/when it is possible. God’s Word never returns void! God’s Word is powerful and alive! Let’s meditate on the scripture we have received today.
Let’s be the dads who humble ourselves before God! Let’s be the dads who resist the devil because it will cause him to flee! Let’s be the dads who realize that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God! Let’s be the dads who realize that all doesn’t just mean everyone but from the beginning when sin first entered the world up until today and until the end times when we will get to be a part of the new heaven and new earth because we have chosen to receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior! Let’s be the dads who realize the cost of sin and how Jesus came to pay that price once and for all! Let’s be the dads who realize we all get a choice and it’s a life-or-death decision! Let’s be the dads who know the wages of sin is death, plain and simple! Let’s be the dads who also know that the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord! So today, let’s make it a Happy Today because we choose life!
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by Helping you make better decisions that honor God (discerning-dad.com)
For more information, please visit: https://discerning-dad.com
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Discernment of Sin“
- Let’s be the dads who realize that sin means missing the mark!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that “sin in can be defined as “transgression of God’s will, either by doing what He forbids, or failing to do what He requires.”!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that before the devil (aka snake) tricked Adam and Eve to eat from the tree of life there was no sin!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that sin came into the world through one man (Adam) and was beaten by one man (Jesus) too!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that death because of sin came into the world through one man (Adam) and was beaten with eternal life by one man (Jesus) too!
- Let’s be the dads who “are forgiven of our sinful past when we repent and decide to follow Jesus“!
- Let’s be the dads who turn to God’s Word as our source of truth and to find meaning for things like in James 4:7 which defines sin as “If anyone then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.”
- Let’s be the dads who continue to learn and grow through our relationship with Jesus and realize that “The more we learn and grow as Christians, the more we are held accountable to our knowledge, but with that knowledge, we have more tools to resist sin with the help of the Holy Spirit“!
- Let’s be the dads who realize the consequences of turning from God and pursuing sin as we read from Romans 6:23 which “tells us the consequences of sin is death“!
- Let’s be the dads who want and choose to walk out each day with Jesus rather than allowing sin to separate us and cause us to walk away from God because we know that it causes a “burden of guilt; it keeps the Holy Spirit from living comfortably in our lives“!
- Let’s be the dads who turn to God and seek wisdom and discernment every time we are faced with having to make a choice!
- Let’s be the dads who turn to God’s Word in order to find discernment when faced with having to make a choice!
- Let’s be the dads who turn to godly relationships in order to find discernment when faced with having to make a choice!
- Let’s be the dads who turn to the Holy Spirit in order to find discernment when faced with having to make a choice!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that the devil is looking to trip us up with temptation and invite us into his world!
- Today’s devotional reminds us that “Sometimes, the temptation to sin will never go away completely, but the less that we entertain sin by letting it enter our spiritual home, the more comfortable we are in combatting it.“
- Today’s devotional closes with the following thought and challenge: