It’s a retreat. It’s a summit. It’s a reunion. It’s a training. It’s a gathering. It’s a celebration. It’s a new beginning. It’s an opportunity.
As I begin today with no devotional yet chosen, I find myself at this new spot. Having seen some old friends last night and preparing for an incredible time this weekend to listen, to learn, to share, and then leave filled up and ready to lead!
So I started to look for more dad devotionals. Then for a 3 day dad devotion. Did’t find one that fit and so changed to search through 3 day devotionals and found this one and felt it would be a good fit.
Scripture for Today’s Devotional:
God’s Word is always alive and active and so even in and on this day, it is and so I continue and look to grab whatever I can to help us be the dads God created, purposed, and planned for us to be and become.
Let’s be the dads who confess to God! Let’s be the dads who praise God! Let’s be the dads who look to God in awe and wonder for what He has done and created! Let’s be the dads who celebrate and praise the creator of all things rather than the created! Let’s be the dads who know and realize that God knows us, created us in our mother’s womb, and created us on purpose, for purpose, and with purpose! Let’s be the dads who realize that God set us apart, consecrating us and appointing us a His purpose! Let’s be the dads who living as God’s own handiwork! Let’s be the dads who are transformed through our receiving and accepting Jesus, recreated and transformed in Christ Jesus! Let’s be the dads who are about God’s Work and looking to complete the good works God planned in advance, predestined for us to accomplish! Let’s be the dads who choose to walk out the predestined life created for us to accomplish so that we may truly live!
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by HarperCollins/Zondervan/Thomas Nelson!
For more information, please visit: https://www.thomasnelson.com/p/i-choose-peace/
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- Let’s be the dads who are more focused on who God says were are than who the world says we are!
- Let’s be the dads who are more interested in who are more interested in God’s way and God’s Word than the words and ways of the world!
- Let’s be the dads who care about others and love them like Jesus!
- Let’s be the dads who want to connection with our wives, our kids, and others!
- Let’s be the dads who are interested in personal growth, life improvement, and living to be better people!
- Let’s be the dads who won’t allow the lies and deception of the devil to keep us from becoming the full version of ourselves that God created and purposed for us to be!
- Let’s be the dads who are about forgiveness and reconciliation!
- Let’s be the dads who are about asking for forgiveness by apologizing and who freely give forgiveness to others!
- Today’s devotional closes on the topic of being ourselves with the following thought and challenge:
- “Maybe what we should mean by “be yourself” is that we each have a unique purpose in life. You can want to be loved by others and still be yourself. You can want to grow and still be yourself. Maybe being ourselves isn’t a commitment to static individualism, but a commitment to our own unique journey to fullness. “Be yourself” can mean I’ll be me, you be you, and together each of us can be more of who we were meant to be.”