UNCOMMEN: Uncommen Words Of Husbands, Dads, & Leaders – Day 5
As we come to the close of our current devotional and consider the power of words while being a husband to our wives, a dad to our kids, and leaders in our homes and communities, let’s take a moment to reflect and do a checkup. Let’s be the dads who aren’t just going with the flow, aren’t just living in the world, aren’t just getting by. Let’s be the dads who cling to God’s plan so that we can live our lives with hope and knowing God’s got a future for us! Let’s be the dads who click to why Jesus came so that we can live our lives to the full and with the abundance God has purposed for us! (‘The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]. ‘ John 10:10) Let’s be the dads who won’t be fooled or trapped by the devil who comes as a thief trying to kill, steal, and destroy us! Let’s be the dads who walk with Jesus – the Lion and the Lamb! Let’s be the dads who aren’t tricked by the devil who is looking to find who he can devour! (‘Be sober [well balanced and self-disciplined], be alert and cautious at all times. That enemy of yours, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion [fiercely hungry], seeking someone to devour. ‘ 1 Peter 5:8)
The title got my attention and so I opened it up to check out what it was going to be about and found this:
In a world where communication is easier than ever, why does it seem that no one can communicate effectively? It’s hard enough to communicate the Gospel to someone based on opportunity, openness, and willingness. So let’s make the best of it and communicate with not only the Truth of God but also with the Love of God.UNCOMMEN: Uncommen Words Of Husbands, Dads, & Leaders | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible
Scripture from Today’s Devotional:
‘ You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste (its strength, its quality), how can its saltness be restored? It is not good for anything any longer but to be thrown out and trodden underfoot by men. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a peck measure, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all in the house. Let your light so shine before men that they may see your moral excellence and your praiseworthy, noble, and good deeds and recognize and honor and praise and glorify your Father Who is in heaven.’Matthew 5:13-16
So where do we start? Where should we start? With God and His Word! God’s Word never returns void! God’s Word is sharper than a double-edged sword! So let’s be the dads who make time and spend time in God’s Word daily!
Let’s be the dads who are salty in order to add flavor to this world, make connections and contact with this world, and bring healing and cleansing! Let’s be the dads who live our lives in ways that we won’t and don’t lose our saltiness! Let’s be the dads who are light, like a city shining on a hill, like a lighthouse that is speaking hope and direction to those in need! Let’s be the dads who shine for Jesus, reflecting the Son into the world around us! Let’s be the dads who shine so that others may see our moral excellence and our praiseworthy, noble, and good deeds and recognize and honor and praise and glorify our Heavenly Father Who is in heaven!
Today’s devotional has been provided by UNCOMMEN.
For more information, please visit http://www.uncommen.org.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotionals:
“Day 5: Uncommen World”
- Let’s be the dads our wives need us to be!
- Let’s be the dads our kids need us to be!
- Let’s be the dads this world needs us to be!
- Today’s devotional kicks off talking about how over the past few days on WORDS, our WORDS in particular, how we need need to go beyond just being Uncommen Husbands, Uncommen Dads, and Uncommen Leaders!
- Let’s be the dads who consider “what have we been called to be to the world” too!
- Let’s be the dads who grab hold of today’s scripture from our devotional that is calling us by God’s command “to be Salt and Light to the world as they may see your good deeds and they should glorify God“!
- Let’s be the dads who are bar raisers and average raisers so that God can and will be glorified!
- Let’s be the dads who are influencers in the workplace, in the community, in the country, and in the world!
- Today’s devotional put the call this way:
- Today’s devotional provides the following insight and example:
- “Being an example (salt & light) at your job is underrated as we have a need to fit into the business culture to stay employed or to advance. With over 35 years of working experience, I learned years ago that character is hard to teach. Your boss may say he/she is looking for a person with training or experience, but dependability and trust are just as important. Early in my career, I was at a review and my employer told me, “Do you know why I hired you all those years ago? I hire on character over experience any day.”“
- Let’s be the dads who choose to be Uncommen in our communities by being “Uncommen in the community can range from being a good neighbor to serving at a local soup kitchen or something even larger. The point is, to be Uncommen, you have to be active in your community. In spite of all the happy selfies people post on social media, there are hurting people out there, and your city has tons of ways you can help. It’s a great family activity as well.“
- Let’s be the dads who realize our time is now!
- Let’s be the dads who aren’t going to put off till tomorrow what we are supposed to do today!
- Today’s devotional speaks to it this way:
- “If there was ever a time when our country needed Uncommen Men to stand up and be an example, it is now. That statement is not political; it’s not an agenda; and it’s not meant to be an inspirational quote on Facebook. Our country needs us in a variety of ways, but just as this series is focused around WORDS, it needs us to be able to communicate with each other. Arguing is not communicating. I love the saying, “Better to be thought of a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt”.“
- Let’s be the dads who step up and stand up for our countries!
- Let’s be the dads who come to the aid of our countries!
- Let’s be the dads who step up and stand up for our world!
- Let’s be the dads who come to the aid of our world!
- Today’s devotional closes with these questions to ponder and answer:
- Today’s devotional closes with this challenge:
- “If you are watching our way of life crumble on TV and social media, you may be part of the problem. Change can’t happen from the sofa. It requires us to be willing to get outside our box and serve others. Only by serving others will our world see an example of what to be like and that example is Uncommen.“
Today’s devotional shares some details about the author and designer for this devotional in closing out this 5 day series:
UNCOMMEN: Uncommen Words Of Husbands, Dads, & Leaders – In a world where communication is easier than ever, why does it seem that no one can communicate effectively? It’s hard enough to communicate the Gospel to someone based on opportunity, openness, and willingness. So let’s make the best of it and communicate with not only the Truth of God but also with the Love of God. (bible.com)