Today is day 4 of 5 in our devotional. After today’s reading, we will be 1 day from done. So let’s make the most of today and capture the wisdom, knowledge, instruction, and direction God has for us through today’s devotional. The title got my attention and so I opened it up to check out what it was going to be about and found this:
In a world where communication is easier than ever, why does it seem that no one can communicate effectively? It’s hard enough to communicate the Gospel to someone based on opportunity, openness, and willingness. So let’s make the best of it and communicate with not only the Truth of God but also with the Love of God.UNCOMMEN: Uncommen Words Of Husbands, Dads, & Leaders | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible
Scripture from Today’s Devotional:
‘No man will [be able to] stand before you [to oppose you] as long as you live. Just as I was [present] with Moses, so will I be with you; I will not fail you or abandon you. Be strong and confident and courageous, for you will give this people as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers (ancestors) to give them. Only be strong and very courageous; be careful to do [everything] in accordance with the entire law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, so that you may prosper and be successful wherever you go. This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall read [and meditate on] it day and night, so that you may be careful to do [everything] in accordance with all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will be successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified or dismayed (intimidated), for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” ‘Joshua 1:5-9
Ever been at a point in your life where you don’t know what to do? Ever been at a point in your life where you just need to hear from God? What if that day was today? What if God’s Word knew what you were going through and as such God brought you to this exact reading in order to meet you right where you are today? Are you ready to receive what God’s Word has to give? Could today be different because God spoke to you through His Word?
Let’s be the dads who hear God telling us He is for us and not against us! Let’s be the dads who hear God telling us that with Him at our side, all things are possible! Let’s be the dads who hear God telling us that He has a plan for our lives and to not lose hope in spite of whatever obstacles come your way! Let’s be the dads who receive the reality of who God is and how trustworthy He is! Let’s be the dads who know we never have to go it alone because God will never fail us and never abandon us! Let’s be the dads who trust God more than our own understanding! Let’s be the dads who seek His will and acknowledge Him in all we do! Let’s be the dads who are strong and confident in God! Let’s be the dads who are strong and confident because of God and His Word! Let’s be the dads who won’t allow the devil to rob us through fear but instead grab hold of the promises, truth, and love of God in His Word so that we can live out our today courageously! Let’s be the dads who live strong, confident, and courageous because God has called us to lead our families for His purpose and glory! Let’s be the dads who are strong and very courageous to the point of living our lives in alignment and in accordance with God’s Word, God’s calling, and God’s purposes for our lives! Let’s be the dads who choose to pursue God, His will, and His way, not turning to the left or the right, but following directly after Him and His plans for our lives! Let’s be the dads who follow God’s command, not straying or swaying to the left or the right so that we can prosper and be successful wherever we go! Let’s be the dads who take time and make time to be in God’s Word, day and night, in order to know God’s Word and can choose to live in alignment with it! Let’s be the dads who choose to go in God’s way so that His promises of hope and a future can come true! Let’s be the dads who choose to go in God’s way so that His promises of prosperity and success will come true! Let’s be the dads whose trust in God is greater than our fear of the world! Let’s be the dads who are bold and courageous! Let’s be the dads who are not terrified or dismayed or intimidated because of our hope and trust in God! Let’s be the dads who believe and say and live our lives in a way to demonstrate that as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord! Let’s be the dads who are able to live boldly and courageously, without fear, doubt, and worry because God has promised to be with us wherever we go!
Today’s devotional has been provided by UNCOMMEN.
For more information, please visit http://www.uncommen.org.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotionals:
“Day 4: Uncommen Words of a Leader“
- Let’s be the dads who are leaders!
- Let’s be the dads who are leaders in our marriages!
- Let’s be the dads who are leaders in our families!
- Let’s be the dads who are leaders in our world!
- Today’s devotional brings us back to the moment where “in the midst of people second-guessing God, Joshua stood his ground and stated “…The Lord is with us. Do not be afraid…”“
- Today’s devotional points us to more scripture from Numbers 14:5-9 (grabbed it from bible.com using the AMPC translation):
- “‘Then Moses and Aaron fell on their faces before all the assembly of the congregation of the Israelites. Joshua the son of Nun and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, who were among those who had spied out the land, tore their clothes [as a sign of grief], and they spoke to all the congregation of the sons of Israel, saying, “The land through which we passed as spies is an exceedingly good land. If the Lord delights in us, then He will bring us into this land and give it to us, a land which flows with milk and honey. Only do not rebel against the Lord; and do not fear the people of the land, for they will be our prey. Their protection has been removed from them, and the Lord is with us. Do not fear them.” ‘ Numbers 14:5-9“
- We see in the AMPC translation it still says God is with us and do not be afraid!
- Let’s be the dads who walk out today knowing God is with us!
- Let’s be the dads who walk out today trusting God rather than trembling in fear because of our surroundings!
- Let’s be the dads who are able to focus on the good God is showing us rather than fearing the things the world and the devil try to distract us with!
- Let’s be the dads who not only speak our opinion but rather testify to the goodness of God!
- Let’s be the dads who share our testimonies of what we have seen God do in and through our lives!
- Let’s be the dads who share our testimonies of what God has told us that He was and would do!
- Let’s be the dads who realize to be a leader doesn’t mean we have to be the loudest!
- Let’s be the dads who realize to be a leader doesn’t mean we have to be the largest!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that we are leaders because God has positioned and prepared us to step in and take on the role of leadership!
- Let’s be the dads who realize even when we don’t know the timing, God does!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that when God calls us to lead, we should accept it and lean in harder on Him to get it done!
- I remember when God called me to step up into leadership and I kept coming up with excuses why I couldn’t or shouldn’t or wouldn’t until the day of the ultimatum where I could accept it and step into it or I could be nothing, and nothing sounded really bad and chose to go it God’s way!
- Let’s be the dads who do not allow the devil to rob us of what God has planned and prepared for us!
- I remember when God called me to step up into leadership how the realization that doesn’t call the qualified but qualifies the called!
- Let’s be the dads who receive and answer the call of God!
- Today’s devotional speaks to this calling on Joshua:
- “A leader isn’t just the loudest of the group, and he is not the biggest of the group. He is the person who God has positioned and prepared for the role of leadership. While it may not have been anticipated, it was a seamless change of leadership from Moses to Joshua because God had prepared Joshua ahead of time. Notice that Joshua stated his view and challenged the Israelite assembly. He didn’t insult them or intimidate them… he spoke the truth! God’s Truth!“
- Today’s devotional then brings an interesting question about leadership to us:
- “What kind of leader are you? Are you the most forward in the group and the first to step up? Or do you only seek the role of leadership when no one else will? While leadership skills may be built into your DNA, those skills have to be honed to be a benefit for others. How many times do you hear Jesus yelling at people to get their attention in the Bible? People would gather around pushing and shoving just to get near him and listen to what he had to say.“
- “Leadership comes in many forms, and you may find that your family is waiting for you to lead. Your career is waiting for you to lead. Do so with God leading you.“
- Today’s devotional closes out with some questions for us to ponder:
- Today’s devotional closes with the following challenge: