Let’s be the dads who are encouragers! Let’s be the dads who share what God has done in and through our lives with our wives, kids, and others! Let’s be the dads who lead with love which we know cleans the house of fear! Let’s be the dads who are more interested in finishing strong than a great start! As our devotional is speaking to us, let’s focus on the fundamentals daily!
Let’s see what day 8 has to say about focusing on the fundamentals.
Scripture for Today’s Devotional:
‘For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God [that is, His remarkable, overwhelming gift of grace to believers] is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.’Romans 6:23
‘And they overcame and conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, for they did not love their life and renounce their faith even when faced with death. ‘Revelation 12:11
‘And have mercy on some, who are doubting; save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy but with fear, loathing even the clothing spotted and polluted by their shameless immoral freedom. ‘Jude 1:22-23
How better a way to start off your day than in the Word of God! Starting with a source that never runs dry! Starting with a source that is never changing! Starting with a source that is a love letter from God!
Let’s be the dads who choose to freely receive the gift of eternal life through Jesus! Let’s be the dads who know that in our own strength, power, and influence we can’t make it and so celebrate and receive the gift of salvation through Jesus! Let’s be the dads who choose to receive the gift of grace from God, that’s right the gift that is the free and unmerited favor of God! Let’s be the dads who choose to be overcomers! Let’s be the dads who have received the gift of being an overcomer by receiving Jesus into our hearts and lives and by sharing what God is and has done in and through our lives with our wives, kids, and the world around us! Let’s be the dads who choose to live for God’s greater plan and purpose for our lives rather than allowing fear, worry, and doubt to rob us of His grace, blessings, protection, and promises of eternal life! Let’s be the dads who are willing to go the extra mile to be able to help others hear about and have the opportunity to receive Jesus into their lives! Let’s be the dads who are present to speak life and hope into the lives of those who are doubting! Let’s be the dads who are present and speaking life and hope into the lives of those who are dabbling in the dark side of things in order to pull them out of the fiery pit they are walking into. Let’s be the dads who are present and speaking life and hope into the lives of those who are living their lives in fear by showing mercy! Let’s be the dads who are God’s hands and arms reaching out and embracing the world that they too would come to know and trust and love God!
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by Discerning Dad!
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me: (check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit: https://discerning-dad.com/
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Fundamental 5—Testimony (Helmet of Salvation) (Eph 6:17)“
- Let’s be the dads who “remember and stand firm in our salvation“!
- Let’s be the dads who take every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ!
- Let’s be the dads who accept responsibility for your thoughts!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that our minds – not just our behavior – must change!
- Let’s be the dads who think through our problems rather than just react to them!
- Let’s be the dads who take our disabling thoughts captive through confession!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to focus our thoughts on the right things!
- Let’s be the dads who know it is possible to take every thought captive to make them obedient to Christ!
- Let’s be the dads who put on the helmet of salvation to help protect our minds from the messages and lies the devil is trying to pollute our minds with!
- Let’s be the dads who testify about what God has, is, and will do in our lives not only to encourage them but also to remind ourselves of our salvation!
- Let’s be the dads who remember and share our personal stories and testimony of meeting and living with Jesus!
- Let’s be the dads who share our testimony with our wives, kids, and the world, and when necessary use words by demonstrating it by the way we live!
- Let’s be the dads who reflect upon and remember our salvation daily!
- Let’s be the dads who reject the lies of the devil who “loves to try and convince us that we are not worthy, that we are not saved, that we don’t know what we are doing“!
- Let’s be the dads who remember that we are new creations through Jesus and that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus!
- Let’s be the dads who remember that any attempts to try and make us feel condemnation are not from God!
- Let’s be the dads who when we sin feel guilty and turn to God for forgiveness and healing!
- Today’s devotional brings us to the Book of Revelation which is where my original blog got started and shares this information about the power and importance of our testimony:
- “Revelation 12:11 (NIV) says, “They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.” Your testimony is so important because it is yours! It signifies what God did for you, and His faithfulness in what He continues to do for you! No one can diminish your testimony; they may not believe it, but they cannot disprove it.“
- Let’s be the dads who live our lives with a thankful attitude because we remind ourselves daily of our salvation and God’s continued faithfulness!
- Let’s be the dads who allow our faith to be strengthened by remembering what God has done for us!
- Let’s be the dads who testify not only of our salvation but also everything else God has done in and through our lives!
- Let’s be the dads who are ready to share our testimony that applies to situations that we will find ourselves in so that we can give God the praise, honor, and glory He so deserves!
- Let’s be the dads who live our lives in such a way that it testifies and shows others the power of God in our lives!
- Let’s be the dads who share our testimony of God through our love, joy, peace, and all the other fruits of the Spirit being produced!
- Today’s devotional closes with these thoughts and challenge:
- “Don’t live in regret for not telling others about Jesus. Jude says we should “save others by snatching them from the fire” (Jude 1:23 NIV). When you see others as lost, without hope, and on their way to eternal separation from God, it should light a fire in YOU to do all you can to share the hope of eternity that you have.“
- “Who in your life needs to hear your testimony? Who have you shared your testimony with that you need to keep praying for? Also pray that God opens your eyes to opportunities—He will give those to you during the day to share the hope of Christ with others.“
1 thought on “Focus on the Fundamentals – Day 8”
Comments are closed.