What fundamentals did we put into practice yesterday to get us to today? What fundamentals will we put into practice today to help us make the most of it? What fundamentals do we need to put into practice so that we can become all that God created and purposed for us to be?
Let’s be the dads who are continuous learners. Let’s be the dads who put into practice what God has given us. As we step into day 7 of 10, let’s grab hold of any nuggets today’s devotional has for us to be able to grab and move forward.
Scripture from Today’s Devotional:
‘For we live by faith, not by sight. ‘2 Corinthians 5:7
‘And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. ‘Hebrews 11:6
‘But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life. ‘Jude 1:20-21
Are you a “seeing is believing” or a “believing is seeing” type of person? Let’s be the dads who live by faith and not by sight! Let’s be the dads who want to please God and walk in faith, by faith, and through faith in Him! Let’s be the dads who believe in God and are living our lives to build and have a relationship with God! Let’s be the dads who earnestly seek God because we know that when we seek Him with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength, we will find Him! Let’s be the dads who pray without ceasing! Let’s be the dads who pray in the Spirit! Let’s be the dads who stay in close relationship with God so that we can live our lives here on earth to the full capacity and plans of God while we await Jesus’ return or our call home into eternity with God!
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by Discerning Dad!
For more information, please visit: https://discerning-dad.com/
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Fundamental 4—Faith (Shield of Faith) (Eph 6:16)“
- Let’s be the dads who are carrying our shield to protect us from the fiery darts of hell!
- Let’s be the dads who are carrying our shield as a way to defend and protect ourselves, our wives, and our kids!
- Let’s be the dads who walk by faith rather than by sight, trusting God over our own understanding!
- Today’s devotional kicks off on this subject pulling from 2 Corinthians when it says:
- Today’s devotional continues on the theme of faith and the importance of us walking and living in it daily when it says:
- “We are told in Hebrews that, “without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him” (11:6 NIV). The Hebrews faith chapter tell us that the great men and women we now know in the Old Testament had righteousness granted to them “by faith.”“
- Let’s be the dads who seek to be like Abraham who because of his faith were considered righteous by God and even called a friend of God!
- Let’s be the dads who resist, defend, and protect ourselves, our wives, and our kids from doubt, struggles, and battles by walking out each day in and by faith!
- Let’s be the dads who allow faith to keep us motivated and encouraged to move forward in and for the glory of God, no matter what comes our way!
- Today’s devotional speaks to the importance of needing daily faith, not just a take it once and move on but a daily dose is required.
- “We need faith daily because we have daily doubts, struggles, and battles where we need to strengthen our faith in the unseen. God is unseen, His promises are unseen, His faithfulness is unseen, His love is unseen in the physical… yet by faith we can grasp these as reality in our current situation when we look to the spiritual and believe on Him who we have a foundation in through the Word of God and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.“
- Let’s be the dads who realize that faith leaks and that we need to be continuously refilled!
- Let’s be the dads who make time and take time to reflect on God’s work in and through our lives to help build and fill us up with faith!
- Let’s be the dads who make and take time in God’s Word to allow us to be built and filled up with faith!
- Let’s be the dads who make and take time to share what God has done to not only remind ourselves and build our faith but also to encourage and build the faith in our wives and kids!
- Let’s be the dads who keep our focus on God rather than the storms, the wind, the waves, and anything else that tries to stir up doubt, worry, or fear!
- Today’s devotional next brings us into the book of Jude where it shares:
- “Today’s verse in Jude says to build yourself up in faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. Faith wavers; it needs strengthening. We need to admit our doubts—and not hide them or hide from them—to prevent them from festering and growing. Faith wavers when you do not focus on God; some days it is easier to believe than others, when life hits you hard and your eyes are not on Jesus.“
- Today’s devotional closes out with this thought and this challenge:
- “Doubt doesn’t mean you renounce your faith all together. Doubt often questions where God is, where His blessings are, and where His faithfulness is. Faith encourages us because we remember God’s Word and are able to stand firm on our foundation in Jesus Christ. Faith as a shield blocks the attacks of the enemy… IF we raise it in battle! A shield can cover you and protect those around you, too. Your faith can cover your family in a moment of doubt or weakness.“
- “What doubts do you have right now? Confess them and give them to God. How can you remember God’s goodness and faithfulness to you daily? What does raising your shield of faith look like in practice for you?“