Who are you modeling your life after? What instruction manual are you using to be the dad God created you to be? How are you able to know when you are in line or off track being the dad God purposed for you to be? For me, I turn to the Bible, the best love letter from our heavenly Father, the best owner’s manual to learn how to live life, and the best light to help see where to step and which path to take!
It’s exciting to get to spend time as part of this 5 day devotional about daring dads and to see what we can learn from them and how we can apply it to our lives!
Scripture for Today’s Devotional:
‘I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others. I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you.” ‘Genesis 12:2-3
God’s Word never returns void and so we need to make time and take time to spend in it! Where are you today? Are you ready to hear from God? Are you ready to open up His Word and learn from Him?
Let’s be the dads who receive the blessings that have to us through father Abraham. Let’s be the dads who lean in to trust and walk with God like Abraham! Let’s be the dads who love God as Abraham did! Let’s be the dads who know and understand God! Let’s be the dads who have shared interests with God! Let’s be the dads who want to spend time with God! Let’s be the dads who show our love for God through our faith accompanied by obedience!
Let’s be the dads who consider what it would be like for our kids to have an encounter with God and He tells them that we are His friend like He did to Jacob in Isaiah 41:8 where it says: “But you, Israel, My servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, the offspring of Abraham My friend, [Heb. 2:16; James 2:23.]”
Let’s be the dads who consider what it would be like for future leaders to have an encounter with God and express our relationship with God as a friendship like King Jehoshaphat did in 2 Chronicles 20:7 where he says: “Did not You, O our God, drive out the inhabitants of this land before Your people Israel and give it forever to the descendants of Abraham Your friend?“
Let’s be the dads who believe what God tells us and through Jesus are able to be counted as righteous and be called friends of God as we learn about Abraham from James 2:23 where it says: “And [so] the Scripture was fulfilled that says, Abraham believed in (adhered to, trusted in, and relied on) God, and this was accounted to him as righteousness (as conformity to God’s will in thought and deed), and he was called God’s friend. [Gen. 15:6; II Chron. 20:7; Isa. 41:8.]“
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by Abide Prayer!
For more information, please visit: https://www.abide.co.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotionals:
“Ready to leave behind the old and venture into the new? Meditate on Genesis 12:2-3.“
- Today’s devotional can be heard through Daring Dads of the Bible: Abraham
- Today’s devotional shares the following details and questions:
- Where is God calling you to go next?
- Are you willing to go to a place God will show you?
- Push away distractions and listen to what God would say
- Consider a stirred-up pond and how we can’t see
- Consider how a pebble into the pond and how you see every ripple
- Be still and listen
- Allow God to drop a pebble into your pond and feel the string of His every ripple and whisper in your soul.
- Be still and know that He is God!
- In the stillness is the knowing
- Breathe in all His goodness
- Breathe out worry, fear, and doubt
- Enjoy God and His presence!
- Thank God!
- God’s speaking to you!
- Pray for God to help us to dream His dreams more clearly and more powerful!
- Pray for God to help us obey as He does the miracles
- Pray for God to lead us and that we will follow
- Let’s be the dads with the spirit of Abraham, the mind of Moses, and the heart of David in Jesus’ name!