Time again to start the search for a devotional that can speak to dads. The topic of today’s devotional sounded interesting and yet I was challenged as I tried to do more research as the site about the publisher was having some issues and so I haven’t been able to check it out fully yet. My internet searches seem to imply that today’s devotional is connected to the Abide app that is described on the site abide.co as the devotional plan is an audio devotional and so doesn’t have much content within the Bible Plan. The subject is still very interesting and applicable to us dads today as it speaks to the changing times and how dads of the bible can help us in our situations today.
Scripture for Today’s Devotional:
‘This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, the only blameless person living on earth at the time, and he walked in close fellowship with God. ‘Genesis 6:9
God’s Word never returns void and is always ready to speak to us about what we are facing or going through!
Let’s be the dads who seek to know God and be known by Him! Let’s be the dads who just and righteous! Let’s be the dads who live our lives in alignment to God’s purpose, plan, and Word, receiving Jesus as our Lord and Savior and walking out each day with the Holy Spirit as our comforter and our guide! Let’s be the dads who walk in close fellowship with God!
Today’s devotional has been provided to us by Abide Prayer!
For more information, please visit: https://www.abide.co.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotionals:
“What can you learn about obedience and holiness from the life of Noah?“
- Today’s devotional can be heard through: Daring Dads of the Bible: Noah – Genesis 6:9 – Abide
- Today’s devotional shares the following details and questions:
- When others look at you do they see someone who looks different or similar to the world?
- Long ago God looked down on a wicked earth and chose to destroy it with the flood
- He saved Noah and his family – God’s Word speaks of Noah like this: ‘Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God. ‘ Genesis 6:9
- If God looked down on you today, what would He see?
- As you prepare to meditate on God’s Word, take a few long deep breaths and calm your mind, focusing on hearing God’s voice, and knowing just how much He loves you.
- Noah wasn’t perfect and Genesis shares his life
- Yet, Noah chased after God and fled the wickedness around Him
- Noah obeyed God in building the arc
- What type of example are you setting for your children and the children around you?
- Let’s be dads who are setting godly examples to our kids and the kids around us!
- Let’s be the dads who imitate the example of leadership!
- Let’s be the dads who imitate the example of obedience!
- Let’s be the dads who imitate the example of courage!
- Let’s be the dads who live our lives asking God to help us become more like Him!
- Let’s be the dads who live our lives asking God to help us have love, joy, and peace in our hearts!
- Let’s be the dads who live our lives asking God to help us be patient, kind, faithful, and self-controlled!
- Let’s be the dads who live our lives asking God to help us to stand for Him in a wicked world!
- Let’s be the dads who ask God to help us to be brave as we walk our lives with Him!
- Let’s be the dads who realize we don’t have to be perfect to stand boldly for Jesus!
- Let’s be the dads who are living our lives and walking it out with the desire to walk with God!
Take a listen for yourself: https://abide.co/prayer/iisd5s and feel free to post comments of any kind of encouragement you picked up.