As our devotional is coming to a close today, I thought it would be good to reflect on how God’s love provides us a true north to be used to lead and guide us through life. Day 1 was about Relationships. Day 2 was about the importance of staying involved! Day 3 was about our significance to God! Day 4 was about the importance of having God as our foundation! Day 5 was about the importance of preparation! Day 6 was about the need to release and trust God! Today is day 7 and let’s see how this devotional closes.
The devotional is described in the Bible App as follows: “God is so absolutely crazy about His children and wants to show His love in so many ways. It wasn’t until I was a father that I understood that crazy parental kind of love, and it gave me a perspective of how He feels for us. My perspective changed further when I began to raise a little girl, and the tenderness of my heart helped me to understand the tender side of God—a side that would do anything for us because He loves us.”
Scripture for Today’s Devotional:
‘For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. ‘John 3:16
‘Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance? ‘Romans 2:4
‘But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. ‘Romans 5:8
‘This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. ‘1 John 4:10
‘for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. ‘Romans 3:23-24
God’s Word is so powerful and incredible. I am so glad we have God’s Word to turn to and to get to dig into for it is light into a dark world, it is a sword to protect us and defend us in the battles of life. God’s Word never returns void, so we can always depend on it.
Let’s be the dads who are generous! Let’s be the dads who love! Let’s be the dads love so much that it makes us more generous! Let’s be the dads who are living so that others may know Jesus and find eternal life! Let’s be the dads who receive God’s kindness, forbearance, and patience! Let’s be the dads who realize that we have turned back to, and repented of our sins because of God’s kindness, forbearance, and patience! Let’s be the dads who aren’t looking to receive before we give but rather give from the overflow of God’s love in our lives! Let’s be the dads who are giving first! Let’s be the dads who realize Jesus gave His life before we we turned from our sin and turned to God! Let’s be the dads who are filled with God’s love to overflowing into the lives of others! Let’s be the dads who realize that God loved us first! Let’s be the dads who realize that love is from our Heavenly Father’s example and Word! Let’s be the dads who realize the example of love from Jesus who gave His life for us! Let’s be the dads who grab hold of the reality of God’s Word, God’s plan, and God’s purpose to bring us into His redemptive power!
Today’s devotional has been provided by True North Ministries.
For more information, please visit http://www.truenorth.live.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Day 7: Savior”
- Let’s be the dads who strive to be great fathers to our children!
- Let’s be the dads who prioritize being great fathers to our kids!
- Let’s be the dads who want our kids to see God’s love in and through us and our lives!
- Let’s be the dads who look for ways to demonstrate God’s love in and through our lives!
- Let’s be the dads who are strong for our kids in demonstrating God’s strength that is filling and empowering us to be the dads He created and purposes for us to be!
- Let’s be the dads who demonstrate God’s love by loving our kids unconditionally!
- Let’s be the dads who demonstrate God’s love by being kind to our kids, our family, and others!
- Let’s be the dads who demonstrate God’s love by being present and available for our kids in their times of need!
- Let’s be the dads who demonstrate God’s love by being patient with our kids, even when they are testing us, our boundaries, and our rules!
- Let’s be the dads who demonstrate God’s love by providing a firm foundation on which our kids can build their own lives with Jesus!
- Let’s be the dads who demonstrate God’s love by showing compassion and being that shoulder to cry on or to lean on through the tough days!
- Let’s be the dads who demonstrate God’s love by protecting our kids when they face trials, troubles, and fear!
- Let’s be the dads who demonstrate God’s love by giving good counsel from God when our kids reach crossroads!
- Let’s be the dads who demonstrate God’s love by pointing our kids to Jesus as their Lord and Savior!
- Let’s be the dads who demonstrate God’s love by pointing our kids to Jesus because we know that He is the one and only Savior!
- Let’s be the dads who demonstrate God’s love by teaching our kids how to follow Jesus!
- Let’s be the dads who demonstrate God’s love by teaching our kids how to trust Jesus!
- Today’s devotional closes and challenges us with the following:
- “That’s how much God loves us too. His greatest gift to us is His son Jesus Christ as a living sacrifice for us, and the opportunity to choose Him as our savior. Once we recognize that we are dead in our sin, that we are eternally separated from God by that sin, and accept Jesus as payment for our debt, only then is our life changed.”
- “God makes Himself so attractive and available. He desperately wants to have a relationship with us, to be involved in our lives, to make us feel significant, to prepare us, to release us into the world, and to invite us into His redemption that is open to all people, “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son so that whosoever believes in Him will have eternal life.” John 3:16.”
- “There is only one way Sawyer will live an abundant life, and that is through Jesus. My greatest gift to her is not the things she has or the things we’ve done together, it’s leading her to decide her Dad is the greatest Dad in the world, and Jesus Christ is her savior.”
- So let’s be the dads who want our kids to live an abundant life through Jesus!
- Let’s be the dads who give our kids the greatest gift of having a GREAT dad (us) and a personal Savior who is Jesus!