Do you know what way to go? Do you know where true north is? Be it dealing with a pesky cough, starting a new class, training for the season ahead, taking on a new job, or learning to live as an only child at home because your siblings are off into the post-high-school life. We need to be looking to God as our true north to help us make it through!
The devotional is described in the Bible App as follows: “God is so absolutely crazy about His children and wants to show His love in so many ways. It wasn’t until I was a father that I understood that crazy parental kind of love, and it gave me a perspective of how He feels for us. My perspective changed further when I began to raise a little girl, and the tenderness of my heart helped me to understand the tender side of God—a side that would do anything for us because He loves us.”
Scripture for today’s devotional:
‘Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” ‘Hebrews 13:5
‘And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was on him. ‘Luke 2:40
‘Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. ‘1 Peter 3:4
‘The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; ‘Psalms 37:23
‘ A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple. Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.’Proverbs 31:10-31
‘Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm. ‘Proverbs 13:20
God’s Word knows where we are at and what we are facing! God’s Word is active and alive and can provide us with direction and instruction on how to move forward! God’s Word is sharper than a double-edged sword and is able to cut to the center of the matter. So let’s not try to figure it out on our own but rather turn to God to lead and guide us forward boldly and courageously because we know we can trust Him and He will never leave us nor abandon us!
Let’s be the dads who are able to leave content! Let’s be the dads who avoid the trap of the devil by loving money which is the root of all evil! Let’s be the dads who pursue God rather than chasing after money and things! Let’s be the dads who raise our kids to do the same! Let’s be the dads who lead our wives to do the same!
Let’s be the dads who grow in the wisdom of God! Let’s be the dads who live under and in the grace of God! Let’s be the dads who raise our kids in the wisdom of God and live under and in His grace!
Let’s be the dads who are more focused on the state of our hearts and minds than our external look and possessions! Let’s be the dads who are more interested in our connection to God and how it helps us to live our lives with a gentle and quiet spirit! Let’s be the dads who raise our kids to see their inner value to God! Let’s be the dads who raise our kids and live our lives to thrive for the glory of God, shining all that God finds of great worth!
Let’s be the dads who delight in the Lord! Let’s be the dads whose steps are made firm by the Lord! Let’s be the dads who model how to delight in the Lord to our wives and kids! Let’s be the dads who teach our kids how to live life so that their steps are made firm by the Lord!
Let’s be the dads who express how grateful we are for a Proverbs 31 wife to our wives, our kids, and our world!
Let’s be the dads who choose our friends wisely! Let’s be the dads who choose the company we keep wisely! Let’s be the dads who make our choices in alignment with God and His Word because we know that when we walk with the wise we become wise but if we make a companion of fools we will suffers harm!
Today’s devotional has been provided by True North Ministries.
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me: (check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit http://www.truenorth.live.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Day 5: Preparation“
- Let’s be the dads who know the types of people we want our kids to be and grow up to be!
- Let’s be the dads who express the types of people we want our kids to be and grow up to be in the way we model life and share it with them!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our kids how to “pursue Jesus rather than earthly possessions”!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our kids how to “mentor others and follow godly counsel themselves”!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our kids how to “love their spouse and set the emotional thermostat for the family”!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our girls how to “be successful at being a girl, a woman, a mother, a wife, and most importantly, a follower of Christ”!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our boys how to “be successful at being a boy, a man, a father, a husband, and most importantly, a follower of Christ”!
- Let’s be the dads who help our kids be prepared for the big plans God has for them!
- Let’s be the dads who love our kids so much that when we see or if we see them starting to hang with the wrong crows we step in out of our abundance of love for them!
- Today’s devotional closes with these thoughts:
- “What are you being prepared for? Do you feel like God has BIG plans for you?”
- “Are the people you are walking with preparing you for those big plans or preparing you for harm? Are you walking with the wise and growing wiser, or are you walking with fools?”
- “The Lord prepares us and guides us in many ways, through teaching, through experiences, through relationships, and through His word. Don’t overlook what you’re learning, what you’re doing, and what you’re reading as preparation for who you are becoming. Seek the Lord’s guidance and counsel. He wants you to be wise. He wants this—because He loves you.”