New normal in place, regular updates from the girls, and fighting a weird cough but after a visit to urgent care hoping the prescriptions will help to manage it till it is gone. Trusting God in this new season of life with two adult kids who have left home and one teen who has a few years before he finishes high school. The key is to know the direction you are heading and that requires understanding True North!
The devotional is described in the Bible App as follows: “God is so absolutely crazy about His children and wants to show His love in so many ways. It wasn’t until I was a father that I understood that crazy parental kind of love, and it gave me a perspective of how He feels for us. My perspective changed further when I began to raise a little girl, and the tenderness of my heart helped me to understand the tender side of God—a side that would do anything for us because He loves us.”
Scripture from Today’s Devotional:
‘I love you, Lord , my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.’Psalms 18:1-2
‘Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” ‘Deuteronomy 31:6
‘And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. ‘Philippians 4:19
‘For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. ‘1 Corinthians 3:11
‘Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.” ‘2 Timothy 2:19
‘For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? ‘Psalms 18:31
God’s Word is active and alive! It always amazes me how on days when I need to hear more from God that His Word speaks larger volumes to me. God is so good and faithful! God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good! God’s Word never returns void!
Let’s be the dads who love God as our strength! Let’s be the dads who trust in the Lord because we know that He is our rock, our fortress, and our deliverer! Let’s be the dads who turn to and run to God because we know that He is our rock in whom we can take refuge! Let’s be the dads who can stand firm in the full armor of God because we know that God is our shield! Let’s be the dads who can aren’t paralyzed by fear and worry because we know that God is our horn of salvation and our stronghold!
Let’s be the dads who trust in and lean in on God so much more than our own understanding so that we can live our lives boldly and courageously! Let’s be the dads who take God at His Word and so choose to live boldly and courageously because we know that God goes with us and that He will never leave us, never forsake us, and never abandon us!
Let’s be the dads who walk in the confidence of who God is! Let’s be the dads who live our lives in the confidence that God will meet all our needs! Let’s be the dads who put our hope and trust in God because His Word tells us that God will meet all our needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus!
Let’s be the dads who are building our lives and the lives of our families upon the foundation of Jesus Christ! Let’s be the dads who are choosing to build our lives and the lives of our families on the solid rock rather than the sandy shore! Let’s be the dads who aren’t trying to create our own foundation but rather who are choosing to build our lives and the lives of our families on the foundation that has already been laid by Jesus for us!
Let’s be the dads who can stand firm because we are building our lives upon the solid foundation of Jesus! Let’s be the dads who can stand firm because we know that we are God’s chosen people! Let’s be the dads who can stand firm because we know we have been sealed with the inscription The Lord knows those who are his,” and Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”! Let’s be the dads who confess the name of the Lord! Let’s be the dads who turn away from wickedness! Let’s be the dads who proclaim Jesus as our Lord and Savior!
Let’s be the dads who allow God to be the Lord of everything in our lives! Let’s be the dads who allow God to be the Lord over everything in our lives! Let’s be the dads who allow God to be the Lord of our lives because we know that if He isn’t the Lord of all of our lives then He isn’t Lord at all in our lives! So let’s be the dads who cling to the Lord because He is our rock!
Today’s devotional has been provided by True North Ministries.
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me: (check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit http://www.truenorth.live.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Day 4: Foundation“
- Let’s be the dads who are “the image of security and foundation” for our kids!
- Let’s be the dads who are the men we are supposed to be for our wives, our kids, and our world, no matter what the world tries to throw at us or take away from us!
- Let’s be the dads who take a stand so that our purpose by God isn’t lost or stolen!
- Let’s be the dads who not only create the foundation for our kids and our wives but look for opportunities to pour into the kids whose lives have been robbed of this through fatherlessness!
- Let’s be the dads who follow the pattern of our Heavenly Father because many people get their views of the Heavenly Father from having watched their dads!
- Let’s be the dads who aren’t “overbearing because we know that it is likely to produce a view of God as an overbearing ruler, never satisfied with what they’ve done”!
- Let’s be the dads who aren’t “absent, because we know that chances are good that they will view God as an absent or distant God who isn’t involved or interested in their daily lives”!
- Let’s be the dads who are “kind and loving and supportive, so that also translates into their view of God”!
- Let’s be the dads who are loving and raising up our kids so that when they grow up and move out they have their own personal relationship with God that is good and healthy so that when they “run into hard times, whether it is financially, physically, emotionally, or spiritually” they will know that we will never leave them and neither will their Heavenly Father!
- Let’s be the dads who build a strong foundation for our kids that is immovable when they grow up and so that when they “have started something new” “the old, strong, never-changing, never-moving foundation” remains!
- Let’s be the dads who pour into our wives and kids that confidence that we can make it through, no matter what comes our way, because we can make it through together with each other and with God! Because we love them! Because God loves us!
- Today’s devotional closes out with the following:
- “When God established his people Israel, He made a covenant with them. He promised that if they would put no other gods before him, He would love them and provide for them. The Israelites did not keep their promise. They pursued idols and turned away from God. But the amazing thing is that God never breaks His promises. His covenant cannot be broken—it is against His character. So no matter how the Israelites turned away, God was a solid foundation who kept His covenant.”
- “God will always be that foundation. God will always be there for you. He has provided a way for a full life through Jesus. But when hard times come, regardless of your perception of Him through the lens of your previous experiences, our God is a God of deliverance and strength. He will always be there when you need Him. Because He loves you.”