It’s important to know which direction you are heading. It is important to realize there is such a thing as truth. It is important to realize that the truth comes through love. It’s important that you realize where true north is.
The devotional is described in the Bible App as follows: “God is so absolutely crazy about His children and wants to show His love in so many ways. It wasn’t until I was a father that I understood that crazy parental kind of love, and it gave me a perspective of how He feels for us. My perspective changed further when I began to raise a little girl, and the tenderness of my heart helped me to understand the tender side of God—a side that would do anything for us because He loves us.”
Scripture for Today’s Devotional:
“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”Matthew 10:29-31 NIV
“Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.”Hebrews 4:13 NIV
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”Romans 8:28 NIV
Let’s be the dads who realize how much God cares for us! Let’s be the dads who realize how God knows every detail about us! Let’s be the dads who aren’t afraid because we know how much God loves and cares for us, how He values us even more than the birds of the sky.
Let’s be the dads who know that nothing is hidden from God! Let’s be the dads who know that God knows everything and can uncover anything that people try to hide! Let’s be the dads who in knowing all of this are preparing ourselves to be able to give an answer, an account for the lives we have chosen to live!
Let’s be the dads who know that God is in all things. Let’s be the dads who know that God is working in all things for good because we love Him! Let’s be the dads who know that God is working in all things for our good because we have been called according to His purpose!
Today’s devotional has been provided by True North Ministries.
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me: (check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit http://www.truenorth.live.
Takeaways from today’s devotional:
”Day 2: Involvement”
- Let’s be the dads who are involved in the lives of our wives!
- Let’s be the dads who are involved in the lives of our kids!
- Let’s be the dads who are invovled in the lives of our community!
- Let’s be the dads who are interested in all the details of our wives’ lives!
- Let’s be the dads who are interested in all the details of our kids’ lives!
- Let’s be the dads who are detail oriented when it comes to our marriages and families!
- Let’s be the dads who are so involved in the lives of our wives and kids, we know what’s important to them!
- Let’s be the dads who realize how much God cares, loves, and wants to be involved in our lives!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to live our lives to mimic God’s love for us into the lives of our wives, kids, and workld!
- Today’s devotional speaks to God’s character when it says:
- “God wants to be involved in every detail of our lives. He wants to know what’s important to us and to be asked to be a part of it. We are so valuable to Him, so special, and so wonderful. What is important to us is important to Him. He already knows every detail. He would pass every quiz. He is joyful when you are joyful.”
- Let’s be the dads who enjoy watching our kids have fun!
- Let’s be the dads who are filled with joy because we are able to witness our wives and kids experiencing joy and happiness!
- Let’s be the dads who celebrate and rejoice when we see our wives and kids enjoying the environment we have been able to help create for them!
- Today’s devotional closes with this:
- “How much more does God delight when we, His creation, are enjoying the environment He created for us?”
- ”It brings God great joy because He loves you.”