Will be taking a few days off after today for some incredible opportunities to get to pour into the lives of some incredible volunteers and some incredible teenage boys. So today, I am leaning in on our devotional to acquire wisdom and discernment, instruction and direction that can be used for the glory of God at this moment. Be it in getting to see my son perform what he’s learned through improv and watch him light up the place. Be it getting to pour into the lives of others. Today is the day that the Lord has made so I will rejoice and be glad in it! This devotional caught my eye when I read the following description:
“An NFL chaplain, a preacher, a comedian, and a chief of police share a powerfully honest and insightful guide for men who sincerely want to improve relationships with their kids. God the Father gifts us with the perfect example for being dad. If you’re not the dad you thought you’d be at this point or simply looking to up your dad game, Imperfect Dads, One Perfect Father will encourage you.”Imperfect Dads, One Perfect Father | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible
Scripture for Today’s Devotional:
‘But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” ‘1 Samuel 16:7
God’s Word is powerful and never returns void! God’s Word is a lamp unto my feet and light unto my path!
Let’s be the dads who are looking at the heart rather than the appearance! Let’s be the dads who are interested in knowing them rather than only considering the outside or surface things! Let’s be the dads who ask God to help us see people as He sees them! Let’s be the dads who ask the Holy Spirit to give us wisdom and discernment we need to be the men God created us to be and can treat others as God directs us!
Today’s devotional has been provided by FIVE STONES CHURCH.
For more information, please visit https://www.fivestonespeople.com/youversion-devo-dadbook.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotionals:
“Fathers Who Heal“
- Let’s be the dads who consider how God sees us!
- Let’s be the dads who consider how God sees our wives!
- Let’s be the dads who consider how God sees our kids!
- Let’s be the dads who consider how God sees others!
- Let’s be the dads who seek God’s wisdom to see the heart of the matter!
- Let’s be the dads who consider what is “really eating away at you“!
- Let’s be the dads who consider what is “consuming your thoughts“, are they regrets?
- Let’s be the dads who are forced to shut those thoughts of regret down!
- Let’s be the dads who are giving up the pain to God rather than tucking them away!
- Let’s be the dads who stop carrying around the pain that we’ve kept “available to muck up our lives or turn gold star moments into brown star regrets“!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that God heals all wounds, “time does not heal all wounds“!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t “allow pain, shame, and regret to consume us over how to cope with it“!
- Let’s be the dads who turn to God for healing rather than trying to just cope with things!
- Let’s be the dads who realize the wounds we are carrying around, known as “suffer from father wounds“!
- Let’s be the dads who reflect on and lift up to God those wounds that come from or were “created by the dysfunctional relationship we have or had with our own dad“!
- Let’s be the dads who stop carrying around the challenges of our past by casting them upon God because He cares for us!
- Let’s be the dads who turn to God to help us deal with and find healing from “a dominant, detached, abusive, or absent dad set your path of pain in motion” of the past!
- Let’s be the dads who turn to God to help break off the shackles!
- Let’s be the dads who turn to God to reveal shackles that are holding us back or down that we aren’t aware of!
- Let’s be the dads who turn to God for healing so that we aren’t stuck in the pit of hurt!
- Let’s be the dads who turn to God for healing because we know that if we don’t then it will impact our kids and wives!
- Let’s be the dads who turn to God to help us break the cycle of hurt!
- Today’s devotional closes with the following thought:
- “Trust us, you’re not just going to get better, and without an intentional effort at healing an injury, they become exponentially worse. God gives us examples and consequences of how avoiding healing through Him only drags out the suffering. Why do we avoid God? Because the devil whispers in our ear that we’re not worthy to be great dads to our kids because we’re broken and damaged goods. The father of lies says that we can’t trust God the Father because all He wants to do is convict and punish us. Leave Satan’s lies in your past. You are created to mirror the one true perfect Father—God. “
- Today’s devotional closes with the following challenge and call to action: