It’s always amazing to see what devotionals God brings to me when I search for a new one. I came across this interesting devotional that will last 7 more days. What caught my eye was the description:
“An NFL chaplain, a preacher, a comedian, and a chief of police share a powerfully honest and insightful guide for men who sincerely want to improve relationships with their kids. God the Father gifts us with the perfect example for being dad. If you’re not the dad you thought you’d be at this point or simply looking to up your dad game, Imperfect Dads, One Perfect Father will encourage you.”Imperfect Dads, One Perfect Father | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible
Scripture for Today’s Devotional:
‘And Jesus replied to him, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. ‘Matthew 22:37-38
God’s Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path! God knows where I am and what I need and when I need it, and God’s Word speaks to me, never returning void!
Let’s be the dads who receive Jesus’ instruction! Let’s be the dads who choose to obey Jesus’ instruction! Let’s be the dads who love the Lord our God with all of our hearts! Let’s be the dads who love the Lord our God with all of our souls! Let’s be the dads who love the Lord our God with all of our minds! Let’s be the dads who grab onto God’s commandments! Let’s be the dads who are willing to raise the bar and walk in obedience to Jesus’ higher standards and calling on our lives!
Today’s devotional has been provided by FIVE STONES CHURCH.
For more information, please visit https://www.fivestonespeople.com/youversion-devo-dadbook.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotionals:
“Fathers Who Lead in Love“
- Let’s be the dads who realize that “love isn’t an emotion“!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t let conventional wisdom and cultural propaganda get us tripped up into thinking love is an emotion!
- Let’s be the dads who know that “love is a choice“!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that “Our feelings are emotion-based, and within that swirl of undulating experiences, we may think love is wrapped within, but to love someone is first decide to love them“!
- Let’s be the dads who give and receive unconditional love as God gives to us!
- Let’s be the dads that realize “Most of us experience performance-based love” like “Be a good boy, make good grades, clean up your room, and the list goes on“!
- Let’s be the dads who show our kids that our love is unconditional just as God’s love is and not based on good deeds!
- Let’s be the dads who model for our kids that from our unconditional love we produce good deeds, not the other way around where good deeds cause the love!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that when the pattern of love looks like we “learn to earn our parents’ approval by doing good deeds” it gets to the point where we realize this behavior “leads to dissatisfaction and eventually rejection“!
- Today’s devotional speaks to us the truth about how “Love is unconditional” and so let’s be the dads who are living the journey of loving unconditionally rather than just trying to get there or be there!
- Let’s be the dads who are leaning in and desiring to live and love with unconditional love!
- Today’s devotional speaks to unconditional love with the following wisdom:
- “Where do we find such an example of unconditional love? The answer is God the Father. Isn’t it incredible we don’t have to look very far to discover an example for fathers who lead in love? What’s even easier is that our perfect example is laid out in the most read book in the history of the world—the Bible. As a matter of fact, the entire book is a love letter from our Father to us. “
- Let’s be the dads who look to the instruction manual of being a loving dad, the Bible!
- Let’s be the dads who meditate on the Bible and realize it is a love letter from our Heavenly Father!
- I found many years back a great resource on this subject: FathersLoveLetter.com – Home where it has audio, video, and documentation you can use and share.
- Let’s be the dads who realize that our “Kids need a loving dad to lead them“!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that our kids don’t need “a demanding job site supervisor“!
- Let’s be the dads who look “to God’s example gives you a rock-solid foundation for not only being the man of the house but also being the big-hearted man of the house“!
- Let’s be the dads who unconditionally love our families and allow the modeling we are learning from God to help our kids who are depending on us “for their spiritual and moral formation“!
- Today’s devotional closes with this challenge and action plan: