It’s always amazing to see what devotionals God brings to me when I search for a new one. Yesterday, I came across this interesting devotional that will last 10 days. What caught my eye was the description:
“An NFL chaplain, a preacher, a comedian, and a chief of police share a powerfully honest and insightful guide for men who sincerely want to improve relationships with their kids. God the Father gifts us with the perfect example for being dad. If you’re not the dad you thought you’d be at this point or simply looking to up your dad game, Imperfect Dads, One Perfect Father will encourage you.”Imperfect Dads, One Perfect Father | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible
Scripture for Today’s Devotional:
‘If it is unacceptable in your sight to serve the Lord , choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you live; but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord .” ‘Joshua 24:15
God’s Word is full of examples and applications of how to live a life that will please and honor God! God’s Word is active and alive and never returns void!
Let’s be the dads who choose to live our lives in a way that will serve God! Let’s be the dads who choose to raise our kids to know and serve the Lord! Let’s be the dads who build our marriages upon the basis of serving the Lord! Let’s be the dads who stand beside Joshua and say “as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord”!
Today’s devotional has been provided by FIVE STONES CHURCH.
For more information, please visit https://www.fivestonespeople.com/youversion-devo-dadbook.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotionals:
“Fathers Who Aren’t TV Dads”
- Let’s be the dads who are more interested in looking like a godly dad than a tv dad!
- Let’s be the dads who are ready to take a godly stand like Joshua when he said “as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord”!
- Today’s devotional give us a challenge, are you ready for it?
- Let’s be the dads who are spiritual heads of our families rather than being like the tv dads who tend to be “portrayed as more of a prop or butt of the joke“!
- Let’s be the dads who model to our family what a godly dad looks like!
- Let’s be the dads who are living our lives modeling ourselves after God’s definition and plan for us as dads!
- Let’s be the dads who are looking for godly role models to help us make good decisions and live our lives in ways that will glorify God for our good and the good of our families!
- Let’s be the dads who are watching for our kids to imitate our behavior and are willing to step in to help them succeed!
- Today’s devotional shares how God’s design to teaches us to become the dads He created us to be:
- “God’s design for teaching us how to be a perfect dad is through modeling. We read about God the Father to get to know Him. We watch the way He interacts with His children (us), so we see how He handles the same situations we all encounter as dads. Next, we mirror His ways until they become our ways while the Holy Spirit helps coach you along the way to becoming a Godly dad.“
- Let’s be the dads who stand in opposition to the tv dad portrayals!
- Let’s be the dads who stand up for what is right and good and just!
- Let’s be the dads who live our lives modeling them after our Heavenly Father!
- Let’s be the dads who live our lives modeling love as our Heavenly Father does!
- Let’s be the dads who turn to God’s instruction manual for being a dad, the Bible!
- Let’s be the dads who turn to God’s instruction manual to find out how to be the dads He created and purposed for us to be, the Bible!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t try to do it alone or figure it out alone but instead lean in and talk with the Holy Spirit in order to get the instruction, the wisdom, the discernment, the directions, and the corrections we need to be the dads God created and purposed for us to be!
- Today’s devotional speaks to it this way:
- “The problem with the media’s mass appeal of the hapless dad characterization is that it stands in direct defiance to God’s illustration of Father. He leads the way by moving in our lives as the perfect Father. He wrote an incredibly powerful instruction manual (the Bible) on fatherhood and even left a “life coach” in the Holy Spirit to help us see His example and understand His words.“
- Today’s devotional closes with the following challenge and action plan/question: