Well, today brings to a conclusion our review of this devotional. Let’s make sure to pause and reflect on what we have learned and how we can apply it to our lives! This devotional caught my eye when I read the following description:
“An NFL chaplain, a preacher, a comedian, and a chief of police share a powerfully honest and insightful guide for men who sincerely want to improve relationships with their kids. God the Father gifts us with the perfect example for being dad. If you’re not the dad you thought you’d be at this point or simply looking to up your dad game, Imperfect Dads, One Perfect Father will encourage you.”Imperfect Dads, One Perfect Father | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible
Scripture for Today’s Devotional:
‘You shall not worship them nor serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous (impassioned) God [ demanding what is rightfully and uniquely mine], visiting (avenging) the iniquity (sin, guilt) of the fathers on the children [that is, calling the children to account for the sins of their fathers], to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing graciousness and steadfast lovingkindness to thousands [of generations] of those who love Me and keep My commandments. ‘Exodus 20:5-6 (AMP)
God’s Word is important because He knows our natural tendencies and so looks to provide us with healthy boundaries to help us be able to live our lives to the full! God’s Word is important because the healthy boundaries He sets for us will both help us thrive as well as remain healthy and protected! God’s Word never returns void and so we should make every effort possible to help us be everything God created, purposed, and planned for us to become!
Let’s be the dads who put God first! Let’s be the dads who call on the Lord as our God rather than worshipping others or things! Let’s be the dads who worship God the creator rather than worshipping His creation! Let’s be the dads who help our kids to know and live this way too for we know that any other living comes with punishment for generations! Let’s be the dads who help our wives and kids to love God rather than hating Him and facing the judgment and punishment that comes from hating God! Let’s be the dads who help our wives and kids to love God so that they will be generationally blessed! Let’s be the dads who build legacies for generations to come!
Today’s devotional has been provided by FIVE STONES CHURCH.
For more information, please visit https://www.fivestonespeople.com/youversion-devo-dadbook.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotionals:
“Fathers Who Build Legacies“
- Let’s be the dads who put spiritual legacy at the top of our lists!
- Let’s be the dads who want to leave behind generations of people who will love and serve God!
- Let’s be the dads who want to leave a legacy of things that last rather than the temporary things that will fade away!
- Today’s devotional kicks off speaking to these ideas like this:
- “When we discuss legacy building, the first things that usually come to mind are savings accounts, investment portfolios, cash gifts, property, and real estate—basically, money, money, and more money. We think in temporal, materialistic terms for securing the generational memory of what our life on earth meant.“
- Let’s be the dads who see the bigger picture and don’t lose out on leaving a legacy because we are too stuck thinking about stuff, temporary stuff that can’t come with us and won’t really make a difference in the eternal perspective!
- Let’s be the dads who focus on God, God’s plans, God’s purposes, and what it really means to leave a legacy!
- Today’s devotional continued to speak about legacy as follows:
- Let’s be the dads who are focused on what Jesus offers and promises, the fountain that never runs dry!
- Let’s be the dads who are focused on what Jesus offers and promises, to never thirst again!
- Let’s be the dads who are focused on what Jesus offers and promises, eternal life!
- Let’s be the dads who are focused on passing on that legacy to our wives and kids!
- Today’s devotional introduces this idea as follows:
- “We’d like to introduce you to a never-ending wealth that produces value for a thousand generations. Sorry, but it’s not a Wall Street insider’s information or a hot tip for quick cash. We’re talking about obedience. Obedience, you might ask with a skeptical furrow of your brow. Yes, your obedience is the key to legacy.“
- Today’s devotional closes out this topic of legacy with this:
- “Dads have the power to continue generational legacies, both good and bad, dependent upon their willingness to be obedient. They also have the authority to interrupt them. A destructive curse can stop right now with you. We want to encourage you that, even if your dad had failed to establish a standard of strong legacy building, there is still hope for you. That hope is found in God the Father. It is your shoulders upon which every generation of your family is going to stand, so make sure they are strong, square, and sturdy. That’s what dads are for!“
- Let’s be the dads who realize we have the power to influence our wives and kids and future generations!
- Let’s be the dads who use our authority to help get and keep our wives and kids on the right path into eternity!
- Let’s be the dads who stand firm! Let’s be the dads who put on the full armor of God!
- Today’s devotional challenges us with this call to action as we close out the devotional:
- This devotional also concludes by reaching out to all of us dads who are interested in staying connected with the following: