Today began with the search for a new devotional to read and share with you. After scrolling through the list, remembering the ones we already finished, I came across this interesting devotional that will last 10 days. What caught my eye was the description:
“An NFL chaplain, a preacher, a comedian, and a chief of police share a powerfully honest and insightful guide for men who sincerely want to improve relationships with their kids. God the Father gifts us with the perfect example for being dad. If you’re not the dad you thought you’d be at this point or simply looking to up your dad game, Imperfect Dads, One Perfect Father will encourage you.”Imperfect Dads, One Perfect Father | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible
Scripture for Today’s Devotional:
‘Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.’Psalms 127:3-5
God’s Word is active and alive and so we need to make time to read it and study it, receive it and apply it, use it, and share it! God’s Word never returns void and so any investment we make into it will produce a return!
Let’s be the dads who realize that God has rewarded us with children! Let’s be the dads who realize that children are a heritage, a gift from God! Let’s be the dads who are pursuing God and raising our kids in His ways! Let’s be the dads who choose to live our lives upright and raise our kids in the way they should go!
Today’s devotional has been provided by FIVE STONES CHURCH.
For more information, please visit https://www.fivestonespeople.com/youversion-devo-dadbook.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotionals:
“Fathers Who Mirror God“
- Let’s be the dads who realize that our first impression of God and our kids’ first impression of God comes from our parents (for our kids, us)!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that “even if you’d never heard of Him, by his loving nature, God created us for a relationship with Him“!
- Let’s be the dads who realize God’s modeling of how “a loving parental connection is supposed to be“!
- Let’s be the dads who realize and look to emulate God because we know that “God is the perfect example of what it looks like to be a dad“!
- Let’s be the dads who “set our sights on His ways so that they become our ways in moving us toward being more perfect as a father“!
- Let’s be the dads who model ourselves and our lives after God because we know that “it’s how we learn to do either right or wrong“!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to let God be our example because we know that “making a wise choice about who sets the example is so important“!
- Let’s be the dads who choose “God the Father as that perfect example” because we know that “by working to be like Him, we cannot go wrong“!
- Today’s devotional provides us with this knowledge and allows us God’s wisdom to put this truth into practice:
- Today’s devotional closes with the following challenge to act upon: