Today we continue into this day 3 of this 5-day devotional. Let’s lean in to see what we can grasp and learn to help us be the dads God created, purposed, and plans for us to be for our wives, kids, and the world around us!
The Bible App describes the devotional as follows: “A plan for those on a journey to become better, not bitter.“
Scripture for Today’s Devotional:
‘He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. ‘Psalms 147:3
God’s Word is such a powerful place to go and an important place to start! There are so many ideas and thoughts that sway like waves in the water that is able to have a place that is solid and unchanging is so important. Being able to have a God who is your rock and your fortress is critical. Being able to live in a relationship based on unconditional love is key. Being able to have examples and truths to follow and pursue will help ensure we can live our lives to the full!
Let’s be the dads who learn from our Heavenly Father who heals up the brokenhearted! Let’s be the dads who are present and looking for ways to bring healing to broken relationships, broken friendships, and broken hearts by injecting Jesus into the situation and accomplishing the good works God has prepared for us to do through and in His Spirit! Let’s be the dads who are training and preparing to be able to be used by God when people are facing wounds that need to be bound up and to be able to step in and be God’s hands and arms extended to bring healing and health! Let’s be the dads who are seeking to serve! Let’s be the dads who are looking for ways to help rather than hurt! Let’s be the dads who are helping rather than hindering! Let’s be the dads God created and purposed for us to be!
Today’s devotional has been provided by Brittany Shepherd.
For more information, please visit Roar Church (roarchurch.org).
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Hello, it’s __________”.
- Let’s be the dads who treat our wives like they matter!
- Let’s be the dads who treat our wives like we know them!
- Let’s be the dads who treat our wives like we care for them!
- Let’s be the dads who treat our kids like they matter!
- Let’s be the dads who treat our kids like we know them!
- Let’s be the dads who treat our kids like we care for them!
- Let’s be the dads who treat people like they matter!
- Let’s be the dads who treat people like we know them!
- Let’s be the dads who treat people like we care for them!
- Do you realize that the way you answer the phone or start a conversation matters?
- Ever considered the reality that even if you don’t have or for some reason lost or didn’t save someone’s phone number you can use tools like TrueCaller to be able to get the names of people who are calling you?
- Ever considered the reality that even when the number is unknown how you can answer the call in a way that shows who you are and how you care that they took the time to call you?
- Do you realize the importance and impact of tone in the way you speak?
- Do you realize that smiling is important even when you are talking on the phone? They can hear it.
- Do you realize the importance of posture when you are talking, even when it is on the phone?
- Sure, it’s a phone call and they can’t read your body language and so it is even more important that you use these other techniques.
- Let’s be the dads who make sure our wives and kids know how much they matter and how much we care!
- Let’s be the dads who are living to show mercy and grace to the person calling you!
- Let’s be the dads who allow Jesus to heal our broken hearts so that we aren’t hurting others!
- Let’s be the dads who allow Jesus to bind our wounds so that we aren’t hurting others!
- Let’s be the dads who ask God before we pick up that phone to help us answer with the right perspective, the right attitude, and the right state of mind!
- Let’s be the dads who lean in and build our relationships with God through Jesus in order to get to the point of complete healing so that we aren’t hurting people who are hurting others!
- Today’s devotional closes with this challenge: