Coming out of our last series I did a search for “dad” in the devotions within the Bible app and scrolling through this new one appeared. With my other reading speaking to me about the importance of prayer over fear and worry, this felt like a great devotional to pick up. Looking at the description, the topic feels so relevant and important that I have decided to get started. Today’s devotional shares the following description: “Spend time praying for the fathers and father figures in your life and worldwide through this seven-day plan. Pray over various biblical aspects of fatherhood.” So let’s get started, spending time praying for the dads and father figures in our lives and around the world!
Scripture from today’s devotional:
‘Timothy, my son, I am giving you this command in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by recalling them you may fight the battle well, ‘1 Timothy 1:18
‘For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. ‘2 Timothy 1:6
Ever woken up and wondered what today would bring? Ever got up and wondered what you will do? Ever gotten out of bed and questioned all that would happen? God’s Word is active and alive! For me, I start my day in God’s Word in hopes that it will not only fill me up but start the pump running to keep me filled up to overflowing into the lives of others. For me, I start in God’s Word because God’s Word knows what is coming and can speak into it even before I know it is coming. So let’s get our day started with God so that He can direct our path and show us which path today as we lean in on Him rather than our own understanding, trusting fully in Him!
Let’s be the dads who remember the calling, the vision, and the purpose God has given us! Let’s be the dads who receive and speak life and prophecy over our wives, kids, and our world as Paul did for Timothy! Let’s be the dads who recall what God has done in and through our lives so that we may fight the battles that are yet to come well! Let’s be the dads who fan into flame the gifts God has given us! Let’s be the dads who fan into flame the gifts God has given our wives, our kids, and the people that God brings into our lives!
Today’s devotional has been provided by Calvary Chapel Ft. Lauderdale.
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me: (check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit http://Resources.CalvaryFTL.org.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Fatherhood Is Prophetic Releasing“
- Let’s be the dads who lean in on God, trusting in Him over our own understanding, and allowing Him to show us what path to take!
- Let’s be the dads who receive the powerful calling God puts on all dads!
- Let’s be the dads who receive the special role God has given us in our kids’ lives!
- Let’s be the dads who pray and pray over all the dads in God’s Church!
- Let’s be the dads who are committed to discipleship and the discipleship of our kids!
- Let’s be the dads who love Jesus and encourage our wives and kids to do the same!
- Let’s be the dads who pray for our wives and kids and that God’s purpose, plan, and calling on their lives will come to fruition!
- Let’s be the dads who pray that God’s gifts, passions, and calling will be released into our wives and kids with confidence and boldness!
- Let’s be the dads who encourage and remind our wives and kids that God has a plan for their lives and will always be with them!
- Let’s be the dads who are committed to love and discipleship so that our wives and kids will be raised as committed followers of Jesus!