Let’s make the most of being with our wives and kids! Let’s choose to make the time we have together count! Let’s trust our kids in God’s hands as they grow up and leave home! Let’s love on them unconditionally an forever just like God does for us! Let’s be the dads God created and purposed for us to be and become and pour God’s love, God’s goodness, God’s promises, and God’s commands into the lives of our wives, kids, and world!
I found this devotional: Being Fathered By God. The devotional seems very powerful and purposeful as it calls out how “Every man has had authority figures in his life, and much of what a man perceives about God was shaped by those authority figures. His earthly father is at the top of every man’s authority list.” So I took on the offer to join the journey into this devotional. Will you join me on this 14-day journey?
Scripture for today’s devotional:
“You are good, and what you do is good; teach me your decrees.”Psalms 119:68
Let’s be the dads who know and share God is good! Let’s be the dads who know and share how God is doing good in and through our lives! Let’s be the dads who share and teach others God’s decrees!
Today’s devotional was provided by Michael Thompson where on zoweh.org they share the following: “Every man has had authority figures in his life, and much of what a man perceives about God and projects onto God was shaped by those authority figures. At the top of every man’s authority list is his earthly father. How your dad handled your heart has shaped you and contributed significantly to how you perceive God. Join us for this journey towards experiencing the heart of the Father and getting everything out of the way that is in the way of being a Beloved Son.“
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
”Show and Tell”
- Let’s be the dads who know that God is good!
- Let’s be the dads who know that God is up to good in all moments!
- Lt’s be the dads who are able to show and tell what good gifts our Heavenly Father has been giving us!
- Let’s be the dads who share how good God is with our wives, kids, and world!
- Let’s be the dads who share that God is up to good, He is doing good all the time with our wives, kids, and world!
- Let’s be the dads who share with our wives, kids, and world what God, our Heavenly Father has been giving us!
- Let’s be the dads who know and trust that God is working all things for our good and His glory!
- Let’s be the dads trust God and lean into Him because we know as today’s devotional says that “the heart of the Father is good is foundational to seeing and experiencing his ways, because not all the gifts he gives are shiny or pretty or opened at a party”!
- Let’s be the dads who see what God is doing, God is pouring, God is making happen as we walk out our lives, climbing the tall mountains, going around the big mountains, or even going through the large mountains in life!
- Let’s be the dads who remember that God is the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him, so let’s seek Him diligently!
- Let’s be the dads who realize and share how most of the good gifts that God gives us come “in the midst of the battle for Life and love, he leaves good gifts all along the way”!
- Let’s be the dads who make and spend time with God in order to build an intimate relationship with Him so that we won’t misinterpret the gifts and training of our Heavenly Father!
- Let’s be the dads who are looking out for and looking over our kids for their good, just as our Heavenly Father is and has been doing for us!
- Today’s devotional challenges us in closing with these things to do in our alone time with God:
- “How do you see the Father at work in your life, counseling you, guiding your steps, and teaching you how to do and not to do things?”
- “When was the last time you made a major discovery about who you are and who he is, about how to love others and how to let him love you?”
- “What do you have to show and tell?”
- “What good gifts has your Father given you? Or are they piled up, sitting there and just waiting to be seen and unwrapped?”