As we finish up this devotional, I reflect on how after a long busy weekend offline looking for our next devotional to review today, I discovered this one titled “Anger Free Dad” by Manhood Journey which provides excellent resources for and to dads. Its description caught my attention and resonated with me when it says: “No dad wants to get angry.” “We want to raise our kids well, but fatherhood has its share of “anger land mines!”” “When we’re not on our guard, sometimes the smallest misstep can cause us to explode into anger.” And calls out to us as dads to be the dads “who aim to overcome anger“. If you are a dad who wants to be able to live your “life of peace and joy” then let’s dig in and learn how we are the dads who “can be an anger-free dad—in Christ“!
God’s Word from Today’s Devotional:
‘Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! ‘2 Corinthians 5:17
‘So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. ‘John 8:36
‘Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children ‘Ephesians 5:1
‘to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship. ‘Galatians 4:5
God’s Word is alive and active! God’s Word as we head into the day of July 4th, we receive a message on freedom from Anger. So let’s dig into God’s Word in order to live transformed lives with the freedom offered to us by Jesus!
Let’s be the dads who are in Christ! Let’s be the dads who invite Jesus into our hearts and minds! Let’s be the dads who are living as new creations! Let’s be the dads who are leaving the old sinful nature behind us! Let’s be the dads who are moving forward in the freedom and newness of what Jesus has done and is doing in and through our lives! Let’s be the dads who walk in the freedom given to us by Jesus and His sacrifice on the cross so that we can walk in true freedom! Let’s be the dads who pursue and follow Jesus’ example! Let’s be the dads who live as dearly loved children of God! Let’s be the dads who have been redeemed by Jesus and freed from the law! Let’s be the dads who have chosen to receive adoption into the family of God as sons of God through the sacrifice and giving of Jesus!
Today’s devotional has been provided by Manhood Journey.
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me: (check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit https://manhoodjourney.org/anger-free-dad/.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- Let’s be the dads who live as dearly beloved children of our Heavenly Father with the associated heritage!
- Let’s be the dads who as children of the Most High God choose to live our lives under the names of Christians as good people, with good character!
- Let’s be the dads who “instill in our kids the value of a good name“!
- Let’s be the dads who live with the names God gives us rather than our names before we had an encounter with God!
- Today’s devotional speaks to how God changed people’s names.
- “It wasn’t that their old name was bad, but the new name identified a change in their relationship with God or a change in their character. For example, Abram (“father is exalted”) was changed to Abraham (“father of a multitude”). Jacob (“he grasps” or “he cheats”) became Israel (“He strives with God”). Their names reflected their identity.“
- Let’s be the dads who are living in the new identity we have been given through our faith in Jesus!
- Let’s be the dads who are leaving the old sinful nature behind, rendering it dead, and starting to live life as born again!
- Let’s be the dads who receive the new name of being a Christian in the new identity through Jesus!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to live differently as “anger-free dads by the power of the Holy Spirit who lives in us“!
- Let’s be the dads who with the old sinful nature being dead are no longer pulled towards anger and allowing it to control us!
- Let’s be the dads who “lean on Jesus and walk in the way of love“!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to allow this new us to become real so that it is obvious to our wives, kids, and world!
- Let’s be the dads who live in our new identity as anger-free dads because we no longer allow anger to reign in us!
- Today’s devotional closes with this thought:
- Today’s devotional closes with these resources:
- “Our digital course, Anger Free Dad can help you live with peace and joy. Check it out now.”