Just For Dads: Be A Positive Christian Role Model – Day 18
Today’s theme or topic is titled “Great advice from King David . . . and my mother“! I found a devotional that was a bit longer and that sounded powerful as a message so that it could help us learn and become the dads God created and purposed for us to be. So I chose “Just For Dads: Be A Positive Christian Role Model” because, over 21 days, we will get to read and learn about how to be a positive Christian role model for our family! Over 21 days, we will get to learn about topics like: “self-discipline, love, patience, and much more
! This devotional will not only help us be the dads but it will also help us “in our day-to-day life to show our children what it truly means to be a role model and follower of Christ in every sense“.
Scripture for Today’s Devotional:
‘Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me. I am worn out calling for help; my throat is parched. My eyes fail, looking for my God. Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs of my head; many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me. I am forced to restore what I did not steal. You, God, know my folly; my guilt is not hidden from you. Lord, the Lord Almighty, may those who hope in you not be disgraced because of me; God of Israel, may those who seek you not be put to shame because of me. ‘Psalms 69:1-6
There is no better way to start your day than with God and in God’s Word! Starting our days with God and in God’s Word prepares us and fills us up so that we can live out our day overflowing God’s love into the world around us!
Let’s be the dads who choose to turn to God when we are facing trials and troubles! Let’s be the dads who choose to cast our cares upon God when we start to worry or become anxious! Let’s be the dads who build our lives and live our lives on the solid foundation that is Jesus rather than sinking sand or sand that the wind and waves can sweep away! Let’s be the dads who walk with God so that when the winds come, the waters come, or the storms come we can turn to Him in trust and ask Him to save us! Let’s be the dads who trust God’s timing and believe in Him to take care of us in His timing for our good and His glory! When facing challenges, attacks, or traps, let’s be the dads who cry out to God who knows all and sees all for help! Let’s be the dads who choose to live life upright before God and before people! Let’s be the dads who depend on God in everything, through everything, and for everything! Let’s be the dads who grab hold of God’s Word and God’s promises and be like David when he said: “Lord, the Lord Almighty, may those who hope in you not be disgraced because of me; God of Israel, may those who seek you not be put to shame because of me.“
Today’s devotional has been provided by Zondervan!
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit Just For Dads: Be A Positive Christian Role Model | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible for more details.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- Let’s be the dads who realize that or when we are being tested!
- Let’s be the dads who turn to God’s Word and His training when we face tests!
- Let’s be the dads who remember the difference between temptations and tests! It is the one who is doing it!
- We can’t control how others will act or react, all we can do is control how we act and react!
- So are you being tested or tempted?
- Is it God trying to prove to you that you are who He says you are or is the devil trying to deceive you and get you to believe that you aren’t who God says you are?
- Put another way, today’s devotional says it this way:
- Let’s be the dads who choose to grab a hold of what David said in verse 6:
- Let’s be the dads who realize that we are being watched!
- Let’s be the dads who realize our wives are watching us to see how we will live our lives!
- Let’s be the dads who realize our kids are watching us to see how we will live our lives!
- Let’s be the dads who realize this world is watching us to see how we will live our lives!
- Let’s be the dads who stand firm on God’s Word and God’s promises, even when the plans and events around us don’t go as we had hoped or planned!
- Let’s be the dads who stand firm on God’s Word and God’s promises so that when people are watching when things go bad, go wrong, or worse, see that our love of God and His love for us is enough!
- Let’s be the dads who respond and react in ways that show others that we are who God says we are!
- As today’s devotional puts it: