Yesterday’s takeaway was about the dangers of pride, titled “Seeds, self-sacrifice and your baby“! I found a devotional that was a bit longer and that sounded powerful as a message so that it could help us learn and become the dads God created and purposed for us to be. So I chose “Just For Dads: Be A Positive Christian Role Model” because, over 21 days, we will get to read and learn about how to be a positive Christian role model for our family! Over 21 days, we will get to learn about topics like: “self-discipline, love, patience, and much more
! This devotional will not only help us be the dads but it will also help us “in our day-to-day life to show our children what it truly means to be a role model and follower of Christ in every sense“.
Today’s Scripture Reading:
‘All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need. Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas (which means “son of encouragement”), sold a field he owned and brought the money and put it at the apostles’ feet.’Acts 4:32-37
Let’s be the dads who invite the Holy Spirit into every part of of our lives to lead and guide us through God’s Word and this life! God’s Word never returns void and so let’s be the dads who make time and take time to meditate on God’s Word!
Let’s be the dads who are in unity with our wives and kids! Let’s be the dads who like the believers in acts were in one heart and mind. Let’s be the dads who are generous with our wives and kids, because it belongs to the family. Let’s be the dads who testify to the truth and reality of Jesus to and with our wives and our kids and to the world around us! Let’s be the dads who live in the grace of God! Let’s be the dads who are walking in the Holy Spirit and doing what He tells us to do! Let’s be the dads who know what to do when prompted by the Holy Spirit! Let’s be the dads who are encouragers!
Today’s devotional has been provided by Zondervan!
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit Just For Dads: Be A Positive Christian Role Model | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible for more details.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Help yourself to everything“
- Let’s be the dads with generous sprits!
- Let’s be the dads who are givers!
- Let’s be the dads who are stewards of what we have because we know that everything belongs to God!
- Let’s be the dads who are good stewards because we know that every good and perfect gift comes from God!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our kids to be generous!
- Let’s be the dads who lead by example in what we do and how we live!
- Let’s be the dads who start or continue a legacy of generosity!
- Let’s be the dads who teach our wives, kids, and others about having a giving attitude!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that everything belongs to God and so when there is a need that we can help fill we do it!
- Let’s be the dads who are generous no matter where we go!
- Let’s be the dads who share the satisfaction of giving!
- Let’s be the dads who share the joy of a simple act of giving!
- Let’s be the dads who know/realize the joy isn’t about knowing where your gift is going but rather that it is about stewardship is its own reward!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that it isn’t about the size of the gift but rather the size of the heart!
- Let’s be the dads who are more focused on how much we give than how much we have!
- Let’s be the dads who grab hold of what God has to say and how we are to live!
- Let’s be the dads who realize the reality that God is the owner and we are just the steward!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to live in the joy of giving and sharing!
- Let’s be the dads who provide vision to our wives and kids on being generous!