Just For Dads: Be A Positive Christian Role Model – Day 12
Yesterday’s takeaway was about the dangers of pride, titled “Stop stepping over your family“! I found a devotional that was a bit longer and that sounded powerful as a message so that it could help us learn and become the dads God created and purposed for us to be. So I chose “Just For Dads: Be A Positive Christian Role Model” because, over 21 days, we will get to read and learn about how to be a positive Christian role model for our family! Over 21 days, we will get to learn about topics like: “self-discipline, love, patience, and much more
! This devotional will not only help us be the dads but it will also help us “in our day-to-day life to show our children what it truly means to be a role model and follower of Christ in every sense“.
Today’s Scripture Reading:
‘Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. ‘John 12:23-26
God’s Word is so powerful and alive because it was written and inspired by the Holy Spirit and written by people who were empowered and instructed by and through the Holy Spirit! God’s Word is so active and timely because the Holy Spirit leads and guides us into scripture!
Let’s be the dads who choose to be born again! Let’s be the dads who choose to die to our old selves in order to become more like Jesus! Let’s be the dads who choose to multiply and reproduce! Let’s be the dads who choose to receive eternal life! Let’s be the dads who choose to serve Jesus and follow His lead! Let’s be the dads who serve Jesus and will be honored by the Father!
Today’s devotional has been provided by Zondervan!
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit Just For Dads: Be A Positive Christian Role Model | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible for more details.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Seeds, self-sacrifice and your baby“
- Let’s be the dads who love, support, and encourage our wives!
- Let’s be the dads who look for ways to give ourselves completely to what Jesus has created, called, and purposed us to be!
- Let’s be the dads who realize and consider the price Jesus paid because He was completely surrendered to doing what was necessary so that we can be saved!
- Let’s be the dads who appreciate the sacrifice and listen to the calling He put on our lives!
- Let’s be the dads who receive Jesus so that we can experience life!
- Let’s be the dads who meditate on the reality that Jesus to the whipping and being nailed to the cross, even dying on the cross for our sins!
- Let’s be the dads who consider where we would be without Jesus!
- Let’s be the dads who grab hold of the reality that sacrifice produces life!
- Let’s be the dads who reflect on how true this is even when our wives were fully committed to birthing our kids!
- Let’s be the dads who put aside our pride for our wives, kids, and the world!
- Let’s be the dads who realize the price our wives paid for us to be the dads!
- Let’s be the dads who express how grateful we are for all she went through, denying herself and the pain for our kids and for us!
- Let’s pause and consider the closing remarks from today’s devotional: