Today is the close of our short devotional on being faithful with the little things. Today will start a few days offline to serve as part of the calling from God to start Be The Dads.
I searched for my next devotional and found this one from Vance K. Jackson titled Be Faithful In The Little Things through Bible.com plans. This devotional is only 3 days and is a powerful one for us to use in preparation for what is coming our way. This devotional will help us “pattern ourselves after Christ in every area of our life.” You can probably tell from the title but the direction of this devotional will be to be faithful as the intro puts it:
Be Faithful In The Little Things
“Be faithful over the little things. Be faithful over every assignment. Be faithful over the resources under your stewardship. Be faithful over your job. Be faithful over your business. Be faithful over your family. Be faithful over everything that God has blessed you with and He will enlarge your borders.“
Scripture from today’s devotional:
‘Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be. ‘Job 8:7
‘ “ ‘Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.’ ‘Luke 19:17
God’s Word is timely and available and applicable at all times! God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good! Let’s be sensitive to the Holy Spirit so that we can know the good works God has prepared in advance for us to accomplish as well as to find the boldness and courage to get it done! Let’s walk humbly, servant leaders who choose to support and encourage others with the hope that is Jesus and comes from Him!
Ever looked back and considered the humble beginnings? Let’s be the dads who choose to live humbly in order to glorify God! Let’s be the dads who don’t forget the past and where God has taken us into the present and will take us into the future! Let’s be the dads who are good stewards of all God has given us! The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it! Let’s be the dads who are trustworthy with the little and the great God has given us to manage for Him! Let’s be the dads who choose to live our lives in a way that one day the words of Luke 19:17 can be and will be said to us by Jesus!
Today’s devotional has been provided by Vance K. Jackson.
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me: (check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit http://www.VanceKJackson.com.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Though Your Beginning Was Small“
- Let’s be the dads who realize where we are at, where we’ve been and where we’re going!
- Today’s devotional kicks off with Job 8:7 from the King James Version which says:
- Let’s be the dads who learn the principles in the small things so that we can later use them with larger things!
- Let’s be the dads who learn the right patterns in the small things so that we can be prepared to use them with larger things!
- Let’s be the dads who learn the right habits in the small things so that we can live them when larger things come our way!
- Let’s be the dads who “Establish good habits at the beginning“!
- Let’s be the dads who “Identify our shortcomings in the beginning“!
- Let’s be the dads who “Identify our weaknesses in the small things“!
- Let’s be the dads who are faithful with the small things, the small assignments, learning in and through that time, so that “as your platform enlarges, your process will strengthen“!
- Let’s be the dads who “Let God establish and strengthen our foundation“!
- Let’s be the dads who let “God will strengthen our capacity and capability” “as our borders enlarge“!
- Let’s be the dads who are diligent!
- Let’s be the dads who “diligently execute in the seemingly small assignments and let God lead the work of our hands“!
- Let’s be the dads who do the right thing, even when nobody is watching!
- Let’s be the dads who God can trust in the small things!
- Let’s be the dads who God can trust with the details!
- Let’s be the dads who are trustworthy!
- Let’s be the dads who are trustworthy with our family, our workplace, and our world!
- Let’s be the dads who can be trusted by our superiors!
- Let’s be the dads who can be trusted by our teams!
- Let’s be the dads who are dependable for our wives, kids, and community!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and allow Him to take care of the rest!
- Let’s be the dads who “decide to execute upon the small things and let God enlarge your borders“!
- Let’s be the dads who make sure the foundation is firm and solid before we try to do too much!
- Let’s be the dads who work on getting the small things right before we look to move up or move on!
- Let’s be the dads who look to make sure we have things lined up and on a firm foundation before we try to build up or build-out!
- Today’s devotional closes with the following message from connecting us to Luke 19:17 NLT:
- “Identify your successes and failures. Identify your strengths and weaknesses. Ask God to lead you in every area of life. He is faithful to strengthen you in the small things. “‘Well done!’ the king exclaimed. ‘You are a good servant. You have been faithful with the little I entrusted to you, so you will be governor of ten cities as your reward.’” Luke 19:17 NLT“
- Looking for more great resources from , check out !