After a long busy weekend offline looking for our next devotional to review today, I discovered this one titled “Anger Free Dad” by Manhood Journey which provides great resources for and to dads. Its description caught my attention and resonated with me when it says: “No dad wants to get angry.” “We want to raise our kids well, but fatherhood has its share of “anger land mines!”” “When we’re not on our guard, sometimes the smallest misstep can cause us to explode into anger.” And calls out to us as dads to be the dads “who aim to overcome anger“. If you are a dad who wants to be able to live your “life of peace and joy” then let’s dig in and learn how we be the dads who “can be an anger-free dad—in Christ“!
Scripture for today’s devotional
‘Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. ‘Colossians 4:6
‘A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. ‘Proverbs 15:1
God’s Word is so powerful. God’s Word is so amazing. God’s Word is worth reading and revisiting as it is as relevant today as it has ever been! Be it reading books like Daniel or getting wisdom from Proverbs, be it the Old Testament or the New Testament, God’s Word is a love letter to us and continues to speak to us as often as we are willing to read it! Consider how you can integrate the Word of God into your busy schedule and see how it helps direct you and help you through the highs and lows of life!
Let’s be dads whose conversations are always full of grace! Let’s be the dads with kind speech! Let’s be the dads whose conversations are always seasoned with salt! Let’s be the das whose speech is working to preserve relationships, to keep relationships from spoiling, to show the value of the relationships, and to add flavor to the relationships! Let’s be the dads whose “words are to preserve the message of Christ, helping it effectively reach as many people as possible“! Let’s be the dads whose speech “ought to add value to the conversation; our words should be uplifting or helpful“! Let’s be the dads whose “lives ought to be clear in the different “flavor” of how we speak and act“! Let’s be the dads who are ready to give an answer for the hope that is within us! Let’s be the dads who know how to answer everyone! Let’s be the dads who provide gentle answers in order to turn away wrath! Let’s be the dads who avoid stirring up anger by using harsh words!
Today’s devotional has been provided by Manhood Journey.
For more information, please visit https://manhoodjourney.org/anger-free-dad/.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“The Light of a Dad’s Response“
- Let’s be the dads who choose good responses even to bad experiences!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to find a good response to frustrating things!
- Let’s be the dads who focus on what we can control and that is the response!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that a bad response can make something go from bad to worse!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to respond in grace!
- Let’s be the dads who no matter if it is out in the world or in our homes and families choose to respond in a way that won’t take things from bad to worse because we know that our response can make or break the situation!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that “We can make a bad situation worse with our anger… or we can put grace on display“!
- Let’s be the dads who grab hold of the truth that “God has commanded us to let our conversations be full of grace“!
- Let’s be the dads who take hold of the reality that “our grace-filled response can encourage and minister to your family“!
- Let’s be the dads who know that we are all on a growth path, especially our kids!
- Let’s be the dads who are more focused on God’s plans than our feelings and temper when we respond because “when you respond with anger in a trying situation, it can hinder God’s plan to use you for the good of your family“!
- Let’s be the dads who realize the leadership role God has given us — “one that is spiritually influential“!
- Let’s be the dads who understand that “we are to be strong in Christ and set an example for our families, churches, and communities“!
- Let’s be the dads who know that we are never alone and that God is with us!
- Let’s be the dads who choose not to go it alone but to trust in God with all of our hearts and not lean on our own understanding, acknowledging in all that we do so that He can show us which path to take!
- Let’s be the dads who lean on Jesus and trust Him!
- Let’s be the dads who ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom and direction on how to respond!
- Let’s be the dads who ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom and direction on how to love!
- Let’s be the dads who ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom and direction on how to lead!
- Let’s be the dads who respond in alignment with “God’s Word with trust and submission to His lordship“!
- Let’s be the dads who grab hold of the command to have self-control!
- Today’s devotional provides us with this tip:
- Today’s devotional closes with this challenge: