Happy to have found another devotional by UNCOMMEN that will last 4 more days. This is a sequel to the first UNCOMMEN Dad’s devotional and will look to challenge us to be better dads, better Christians, and better men! This devotional will do so by tackling subjects like effort, trust, consistency, and more. I am excited to see Jesus in and through this devotional and how He can and will infuse us with life-changing power to make us become UNCOMMEN Dads!
Let’s check out our scriptures for today’s devotional:
‘Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. ‘Proverbs 22:6
God’s Word is active and alive! God’s Word is direct and sharp enough to get to the core of the matter! I am so excited to get to dig into devotionals about dads this year and that God switched up the pattern I had been following for spending time in His Word towards the purpose and calling He has put on my life around Being The Dads!
So let’s be the dads who teach and train our kids based on the Bible! Let’s be the dads who rebuke and correct our kids based on the Bible! Let’s be the dads who use God’s Word to help our kids grow up knowing Jesus and His righteousness! Let’s be the dads who lead by example so that our kids learn how to live a life that is glorifying to God and will be able to pursue their calling and Jesus all the days of their lives!
Today’s devotional has been provided by UNCOMMEN (https://www.uncommen.org).
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit https://www.uncommen.org/ About The Publisher.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Fill the Trust Bucket“
- Let’s be the dads who spend time with God and allow Him to fill our hearts and minds with His love!
- Let’s be the dads who spend time with our wives and kids and pour love into them so their hearts and minds are filled up!
- Let’s be the dads who model Jesus’ example to our wives and kids!
- Let’s be the dads who spend time and make time pouring into the lives of our wives and kids in order to build up their trust bucket!
- Today’s devotional follows up on today’s verse as follows:
- Let’s be the dads who aren’t just looking for quality time but also quantity time with our wives and kids so that they realize how important they are to us and to God!
- Let’s be the dads who are looking out for the best for our kids and in our kids!
- Let’s be the dads who do what we do for our kids out of love, not expecting anything back in return!
- Let’s be the dads who are living our lives as servant leaders, humble and looking to honor and glorify God!
- Let’s be the dads who are considered godly because of all the love we pour into our wives and kids!
- Let’s be the dads who never stop pouring love into our wives and kids in order to ensure their trust bucket is full!
- Let’s be the dads who allow God to pour into us daily and throughout the day so that we can be filled to overflowing in His love to our wives, our kids, and the world around us!
- Let’s be the dads who are loving our wives and kids in actions and in words!
- Let’s be the dads who are challenging our kids to be and become godly men and women!
- Let’s be the dads who take the hard stand when needed to ensure our kids know they are loved, supported, and that we are looking out for their best interest!
- Today’s devotional closes with some “Uncommen Questions:”
- Today’s devotional closes with this “Uncommen Challenge:”