As we head into day 9 of the next devotional related to dads and the one that came up is an interesting one as it is one on the topic of being popular and using that influence for the good of others. It was also interesting because even though I searched for “dad” it invites middle school students to join the devotional. I am excited to see how this devotional will play into our series of devotionals for dad and how God will choose to use it through me to help us be the dads He purposed and created and planned for us to be! Even as dads we need encouragement to recognize the influence we have. As dads, we need to also use it for the good of others! Popular is a 15-day devotional! Popular comes to us from a group name reThink Group.
Let’s check out our scriptures for today’s devotional:
‘Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. ‘Romans 14:13
God’s Word is so amazing in what it is able to do in and through us if we would take the time to read and meditate on it. God’s Word is so amazing and powerful cutting through the noise in order to deliver the truth. Let’s make time today for God! Let’s make time today to hear from God! Let’s prioritize God and His Word in our busy schedules!
Let’s be the dads who love rather than judge others! Let’s be the dads who look to remove stumbling blocks that are in the way of others! Let’s be the dads who look to remove stumbling blocks that are trying to trip others up and keep them from reaching their destiny! Let’s be the dads who look to remove obstacles that are trying to keep others from reaching their full potential! Let’s be the dads who check ourselves to make sure we aren’t the cause or the creator of any stumbling blocks for others! Let’s be the dads who reflect on what we are doing and how we are doing it so that we aren’t building obstacles to hold others back! Let’s be the dads who are overcomers and help others to also overcome!
Today’s devotional has been provided by reThink Group!
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“How will you choose to use your influence?”
- Let’s be the dads who realize that we have influence in the lives of our wives, kids, and the world!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that we have the influence to do good or bad in the lives of our wives, kids, and the world!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to use the influence we have for the good of others!
- Let’s be the dads who check our hearts and our minds before we even consider doing something like “pass judgment, say harsh words, or cause conflict“!
- Let’s be the dads who check our hearts and our minds to make sure we are “using our influence the way it was intended“!
- Let’s be the dads who decide that we won’t be “dragging others down, putting obstacles in their path for them to stumble on as they try to move forward“!
- Let’s be the dads who grab hold of what God is saying and telling us to do in today’s verse when it says:
- Today’s devotional provides us with this challenge to close:
- Let’s be the dads who are willing to do the work to be the dads God created, purposed, and called us to be!