Popular – Day 8
As we head into day 8 of the next devotional related to dads and the one that came up is an interesting one as it is one on the topic of being popular and using that influence for the good of others. It was also interesting because even though I searched for “dad” it invites middle school students to join the devotional. I am excited to see how this devotional will play into our series of devotionals for dad and how God will choose to use it through me to help us be the dads He purposed and created and planned for us to be! Even as dads we need encouragement to recognize the influence we have. As dads, we need to also use it for the good of others! Popular is a 15-day devotional! Popular comes to us from a group name reThink Group.
Let’s check out our scriptures for today’s devotional:
‘If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. ‘Matthew 5:41-42
God’s Word is so powerful. God’s Word is so loving. God’s Word is so dependable. God’s Word is trustworthy.
Let’s be the dads who will go the extra mile! Ever heard that said and wondered where it came from? Now we know. Let’s be the dads who are willing to do more than asked in order to bring God the praise, the honor, and the glory! Let’s be the dads who are generous because we know that when we lend to the poor we lend to the Lord and He is a debtor to no man! Let’s be the dads who are attentive to those in need and who ask of us! Let’s be the dads who are responsive to God’s prompting when it comes to people in need who are asking for our help and support!
Today’s devotional has been provided by reThink Group!
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- Let’s be the dads who are willing to go the extra mile for the glory of God!
- Today’s devotional provides us some context to this saying:
- Let’s be the dads who when Jesus says we should do something, do it!
- Let’s be the dads who answer the call of Jesus to be doubly generous!
- Let’s be the dads who answer the call today to be generous and go the extra mile!
- Let’s be the dads who “use our influence to be generous“!
- Let’s be the dads who use our influence to “go the extra mile for someone else“!
- Let’s be the dads who go the extra mile for our wives!
- Let’s be the dads who go the extra mile for our kids!
- Let’s be the dads who go the extra mile for the people around us!
- Today’s devotional closes with a challenge: