As we head into day 6 of the next devotional related to dads and the one that came up is an interesting one as it is one on the topic of being popular and using that influence for the good of others. It was also interesting because even though I searched for “dad” it invites middle school students to join the devotional. I am excited to see how this devotional will play into our series of devotionals for dad and how God will choose to use it through me to help us be the dads He purposed and created and planned for us to be! Even as dads we need encouragement to recognize the influence we have. As dads, we need to also use it for the good of others! Popular is a 15-day devotional! Popular comes to us from a group name reThink Group.
Let’s check out our scriptures for today’s devotional:
‘And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, ‘Hebrews 10:24
Each morning as I turn to God’s Word I find that it speaks right to me and encourages me to press on and press in. God’s Word isn’t some dusty old book but rather it is alive and active!
Let’s be the dads who are ready and willing to hear from God! Let’s be the dads who are ready and willing to trust in God! Let’s be the dads who will go from being hearers of the Word to doers of the Word by living our lives for the glory of God! Let’s be the dads who spur our wives on towards love and good deeds! Let’s be the dads who spur our kids on towards love and good deeds! Let’s be the dads who spur on the people who cross our paths today towards love and good deeds! As we approach our day, let’s consider how we can do this in a way that will bring God the praise, the honor, and the glory while at the same time blessing our wives, kids, and the people God sends our way!
Today’s devotional has been provided by reThink Group!
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- Let’s be the dads who are about doing God’s work!
- Let’s be the dads who are trusting God to work in the big and the little things!
- Let’s be the dads who are being stewards of what we have and using them for the glory of God!
- Let’s be the dads who are focused on what we have and how we can use it for the glory of God rather than what we don’t have and miss out on the miracles. (ex. Feeding the 5000, focusing on the problem rather than what God had put into their hands with the lunch of a little boy which God was able to use through Jesus to feed over 20000 people including the women and children)
- Let’s be the dads who miss out on doing something for God by only being willing to do the big things!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t miss out on doing a small thing for God because we are too busy looking for a bigger thing to do!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that “Some of the smallest things can turn out to have the biggest impact” as our devotional points out today!
- Today’s devotional uses today’s verse to point us to this reality:
- Let’s be the dads who consider how we can spur on and encourage our wives towards good things this week!
- Let’s be the dads who consider how we can spur on and encourage our kids towards good things this week!
- Let’s be the dads who consider how we can spur on and encourage our world towards good things this week!
- Today’s devotional provides us with a challenge for the upcoming week: