Popular – Day 5
As we head into day 5 of the next devotional related to dads and the one that came up is an interesting one as it is one on the topic of being popular and using that influence for the good of others. It was also interesting because even though I searched for “dad” it invites middle school students to join the devotional. I am excited to see how this devotional will play into our series of devotionals for dad and how God will choose to use it through me to help us be the dads He purposed and created and planned for us to be! Even as dads we need encouragement to recognize the influence we have. As dads, we need to also use it for the good of others! Popular is a 15-day devotional! Popular comes to us from a group name reThink Group.
Let’s check out our scriptures for today’s devotional:
‘“Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” ‘Matthew 4:19
God’s Word is alive and active! It speaks to us how it isn’t about rituals and routines or rules and regulations, it’s about a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ! It’s up to us to make the personal decision for ourselves and step into what God has created, purposed, and planned for us to become and accomplish! Let’s be the dads who answer the call to be the dads for our wives, kids, and the world!
Let’s be the dads who will be in a relationship with Jesus! Let’s be the dads who will follow Jesus’ example! Let’s be the dads who continue the work that Jesus started thousands of years ago! Let’s be the dads that answer the call and help point others to Jesus! Let’s be the dads who answer the call and leave a legacy by helping our kids have a relationship with Jesus! Let’s be the dads who leave a legacy in this world by having loved and lead others into the presence of God through Jesus! Let’s be the dads who follow Jesus! Let’s be the dads who help others catch the dream and the vision God has created and purposed for them!
Today’s devotional has been provided by reThink Group!
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- Let’s be the dads who know God’s Word and know that the disciples who Jesus called were regular people!
- Let’s be the dads who know God’s Word and that Jesus called these regular people to a higher calling and purpose!
- Let’s be the dads who hear God’s calling on our lives to live up to a higher calling and purpose than when He found us!
- Let’s be the dads who will leave the past behind and go follow after Jesus in order to accomplish His plans and purposes for our lives!
- Let’s be the dads who answer the call to be the husbands for our wives!
- Let’s be the dads who answer the call to be the dads for our kids!
- Let’s be the dads who answer the call to be the family and friends!
- God sees our potential and knows us better than we know ourselves!
- Let’s be the dads who accept the call and follow after Him!
- Let’s be the dads so that we can receive the things God sees in us!
- Today’s devotional puts it this way:
- Let’s be the dads who answer the call just like the disciples did who will share the Good News of Jesus with our wives, kids, and the world!
- Every good and perfect gift comes from God, so let’s be good stewards of them!
- Let’s be the dads who receive the gifts and use them for His glory!
- Let’s be the dads who receive the gifts and “use our gifts and influence to share Him with others“!
- Today’s devotional closes with a question and a challenge:
- THE QUESTION:
- THE CHALLENGE: