Popular – Day 13
As we head into day 13 of the next devotional related to dads and the one that came up is an interesting one as it is one on the topic of being popular and using that influence for the good of others. It was also interesting because even though I searched for “dad” it invites middle school students to join the devotional. I am excited to see how this devotional will play into our series of devotionals for dad and how God will choose to use it through me to help us be the dads He purposed and created and planned for us to be! Even as dads we need encouragement to recognize the influence we have. As dads, we need to also use it for the good of others! Popular is a 15-day devotional! Popular comes to us from a group name reThink Group.
Let’s check out our scriptures for today’s devotional:
‘Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. ‘James 5:16
God’s Word is powerful and alive! God’s Word is our manual and handbook for living life! Let’s grab a hold of what today’s verse has to say and how it can help us to be the dads God created and has called us to be!
Let’s be the dads who confess our sins with our wives, kids, and other brothers and sisters in Christ so that we can pray for each other for healing and restoration! Let’s be the dads who are available and ready to pray powerful prayers for our wives, kids, and others! Let’s be the dads who are available and prepared to pray effectively for our wives, kids, and others! Let’s be the dads who confess our sins for both our benefit and the benefit of others! Let’s be the dads who confess because we know that God’s redemption power brings healing to the soul of both the confessor and the hearer! Let’s be the dads who confess because we know the confessor feels relief and the hearer feels hope! Redemption brings hope! Let’s be the dads who can walk with a clear conscience because we have confessed our sins to others and we know that our prayers are heard by God! Let’s be the dads who express our dependence on God by confessing our sins! Let’s be the dads who confess our sins because we know that it breaks the hold of the devil and brings healing for discouragement and spiritual weakness!
Today’s devotional has been provided by reThink Group!
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- Let’s be the dads who consider our choices because we know that “We all make choices that threaten our potential to influence others for good.“
- Let’s be the dads who consider the choices we will make because we want to be able to be used to influence others for God for the glory of God!
- Let’s be the dads who consider the choices we will make no matter if they are decisions that are visible to or hidden from others!
- Let’s be the dads who are healed, redeemed, and freed from the power of sins by confessing our sins to God!
- Let’s be the dads who have accountability partners with whom we can confess our sins!
- Let’s be the dads who are free from our past “mistakes and regain some of our influence by confessing to others“!
- Let’s be the dads who are able to confess our sins and share “our mistakes with people we trust—people who will encourage us, pray for us, and point us back toward what is good—is not only a step that will grow our faith, but it will grow our influence as well“!
- Today’s devotional closes with this question and challenge: