It was time to move on to the next devotional related to dads and when I did my search the one that came up is an interesting one as it is one on the topic of being popular and using that influence for the good of others. It was also interesting because even though I searched for “dad” it invites middle school students to join the devotional. I am excited to see how this devotional will play into our series of devotionals for dad and how God will choose to use it through me to help us be the dads He purposed and created and planned for us to be! Even as dads we need encouragement to recognize the influence we have. As dads, we need to also use it for the good of others! Popular is a 15-day devotional! Popular comes to us from a group name reThink Group.
Let’s check out our scriptures for today’s devotional:
‘Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. ‘1 Timothy 4:12
God’s Word is for all of us! God’s Word can equip us at every and any age! God’s Word is active and alive and can meet us right where we are at! So let’s grab hold of how today’s Word from God can help us to be or become the dads God desires for us to be!
Let’s be the dads who don’t judge or look at someone from the wrong perspective based on their age, their size, or their stature! Let’s be the dads who look at others not up to or down to but at others! Let’s be the dads who lead by example so that our wives, our kids, and our worlds can see it and glorify our Father in Heaven! Let’s be the dads who choose to live lives that will set an example for others by the words we use! Let’s be the dads who choose to live lives that will set an example for others by the way we conduct our lives! Let’s be the dads who choose to live lives with an overabundance of love so that God’s love flows into us and then through us so that the overflow can be poured out on all those God brings into our lives, first to our wives, then to our kids, and then to everyone else! Let’s be the dads who set an example by living out the faith we have in Jesus so that others may see the fruit being produced by our decision to stay connected to Jesus and glorify our Father in Heaven! Let’s be the dads who set an example by making good choices to live lives of purity! Let’s be the dads who are servant leaders and who lead by example!
Today’s devotional has been provided by reThink Group!
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit http://orangestudents.com (About The Publisher)
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- Let’s be the dads who look at the whole picture!
- Let’s be the dads who try to understand and see things from every perspective!
- Let’s be the dads who know God’s perspective!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t make assumptions or consider anything out of context!
- Let’s be the dads who when we look at God’s Word don’t look at it or consider it on its own but consider the full context of what is being said!
- Let’s be the dads who never look down on others! No matter their age, their situation, or their condition!
- Let’s be the dads who set an example because we are called by God!
- Let’s be the dads who realize we are always being watched!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that because we are being watched we need to choose to live our lives in a way that will glorify God!
- Let’s be the dads who realize the influence we have by being dads!
- Let’s be the dads who realize the influence we have by being believers!
- Let’s be the dads who realize that we have a responsibility to use the influence we have been given by God!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to take on that responsibility and choose “to set a good example for the people around us“!
- Let’s be the dads who are prepared for today because we have considered, we’ve thought, and we’ve planned “the kind of example we want to set for others“!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to be “patient“!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to be “faithful friends“!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to “have a kind heart“!
- Today’s devotional raises a challenge for us to pick up: