As I searched for a new devotional to share on Be The Dads, I searched “dad” and for the next three days we will be going through the devotional titled “What The Father Says“. In the description, there is a powerful thought that makes me excited to get to go through it and see what we can learn. It speaks to God’s love, the Father’s love towards us and how it is “more numerous than the sands of the shore“, how each of us is “His beloved child“, and how “He is pleased with you!” I’m excited to get to spend the next three days with you looking to grasp and share God as “the perfect, stunning nature of your heavenly Father.” I’m excited to get to explore with you how “in His love, there is no striving and no fear, for you are in the palm of His hand.“
Let’s check out our scriptures for today’s devotional lesson:
‘For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “ Abba, Father.” ‘Romans 8:14-15
‘And, “I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”’2 Corinthians 6:18
God’s Word is so powerful and speaks as a love letter to us from our Heavenly Father! Ever considered it that way? Want to get a view of it that way? Check out The Father’s Love Letter which allows you to read it, listen to it, and even watch a video. Let’s be the dads who are being led by the Spirit of God in all our thoughts, words, and actions! Let’s be the dads who walk boldly and courageously because we are being led by the Spirit of God who has enabled us to be adopted into the family of God! Let’s be the dads who see God as our Father and when we need our daddy to help us we can cry out to Him “Abba, Father”. Let’s be the dads who have a personal and intimate relationship with our Heavenly Father! Let’s be the dads who live out our lives in a way that others see it and are able to receive it too so that we can all become sons and daughters of the most high God! Let’s be the dads who help our wives to receive and be the daughters and feel that love of God! Let’s be the dads who help our kids to receive and be the sons and daughters of the most high God and get to live and feel that love of God! Let’s be the dads who help the world around us to know and see and experience the love of God so they too can receive Him and become children of God!
Today’s devotional has been provided by Christ for the Nations (Visit https://cfni.org/ for more information).
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit About The Publisher.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“ You Are My Beloved Child“
- Let’s be the dads who grab hold of how God knit us together in our mother’s womb!
- Let’s be the dads who hold tightly to the reality that God knew us before we were born and created us with purpose, on purpose, and for a purpose!
- Let’s be the dads who know that God has a plan for our lives and it is for good!
- Today’s devotional speaks to this as follows:
- “The Father says, “Before you were ever a thought, I knew every detail of your design. From the number of hairs on your head to the number of days in your life, I have made you for My pleasure and delight. More numerous than the sands on the shore, are My thoughts of love towards you. You are My beloved child, and I’m proud to call you Mine.”“
- Let’s be the dads who point our loved one to our Heavenly Father who is so much greater than anything we can or could ever be!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t allow our story or the past to taint our view or understanding of God!
- Let’s be the dads who avoid painting God based on our life experiences with our own dads!
- Today’s devotional speaks to this as follows:
- Today’s devotional gives us an interesting question to ponder: “How do you envision your Abba Father?“
- What is the state of your heart and how is it impacting your ability to see God as He is?
- What is the state of your heart when it comes to forgiveness and how is it impacting your ability to see God as He is?
- Forgiveness is so crucial and critical I am going to pause today’s devotional for a moment and share a testimony I gave to a group of coworkers about the importance of forgiveness and how it transformed me.
- Let’s be the dads who don’t allow the poison of unforgiveness to keep us from being able to live our lives to the full!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t allow the poison of bitterness to cause us pain and suffering and keep us from the love of God and living life to the full!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t allow the poison of resentment to hold us back from being and becoming everything God planned, purposed, and created us to be!
- Taking the poison won’t help you and won’t have any impact on the other person, so let’s choose to forgive!
- Let’s be the dads who forgive and invite Jesus and the Holy Spirit to go into our hearts and clean house!
- Let’s be the dads who invite God into our hearts and minds to clean out the false beliefs we have about His character!
- Let’s be the dads who invite God into our hearts and minds to wipe out the past traumas that have tainted our view of Him!
- Let’s be the dads who allow the reality of who God is and how God is to penetrate to our deepest parts!
- Let’s be the dads who know and who show that God’s character “is the embodiment of perfection, kindness, and love; it is without blemish, flaw, or stain.“
- Let’s be the dads God created us to be!
- As we close, let’s reflect on the final thought from today’s devotional:
- “Take a few moments, close your eyes, and reflect on God’s stunning nature. Healing oil from heaven is flooding into your heart right now, removing cloudiness, and opening the eyes of your heart. Listen to your Father’s voice as He whispers truth into your spirit, and receive His lavish love that is swelling in His heart for you. The Father says, “You are My beloved child.”“