The search continued for dad-related devotions and I found this one titled “The Father Knows Best” by Dr. Tony Evans. This devotional is interesting as it speaks to “major loss or difficult setbacks or emotional turmoil” and how “it can be a temptation to fall prey to despair.” As we close this devotional today we will get to hear about how “he found peace through hanging on to hope“. We each have things we have, are, or will be going through and the more tools we can put in our toolbelt to help us press on the better prepared we will be to thrive for the glory of God! Let’s be the dads who are looking for ways to lean in on God when the world starts to press in on us because we know that we can trade our sorrows for the joy of the Lord! Let’s pause for a moment and allow a song to get us prepared for God’s Word and the message of hope from Dr. Tony Evans.
Let’s check out our scriptures for today’s devotional:
‘And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. ‘Romans 8:27-28
‘But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. ‘Matthew 6:33
God’s Word is unchanging and alive! God’s Word is a love letter to us! God’s Word is powerful! God’s Word provides us with truth and wisdom!
Let’s be the dads who invite God into our hearts to search it and clean house. Let’s be the dads who invite Jesus into our hearts so that we can have His Spirit in us to provide us with wisdom and guidance for each day and every situation! Let’s be the dads who lean in on the Holy Spirit and allow Him to be our comforter and our guide who can intercede on our behalf even when we don’t know what to pray! Let’s be the dads who lean in on the Holy Spirit when we don’t know what to say or pray because we know that He prays and intercedes in our moans and groans in accordance with the will of God! Let’s be the dads who trust God because we know that in all things He works for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purposes!
Let’s be the dads who get our priorities straight! Let’s be the dads who seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness! Let’s be the dads who trust God to take care of our needs so much that we look to fulfill His call on our life first and lean in on Him, seeking His will and His way as our top priority! Let’s be the dads who are leaning so hard into and on God that we have no worry or fear because we know that by giving it all to Him, every need or concern will be taken care of by our loving Heavenly Father! When we put the right things in first it leaves room for the smaller and smaller things to fill in the gaps. Check out the example where they put in the rocks, the pebbles, the sand, and even then when everyone is sure there isn’t any room left, they add water. So let’s make sure we put first things first! Let’s be the dads who seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness so that everything else can be taken care of too.
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit About The Publisher.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Learn about the nature of God so we can have a deeply rooted trust in Him“
- Do you know God or just about God?
- Are you about rituals and routines or about a relationship with God?
- Let’s be the dads who have invited Jesus into our lives who had made a way when there didn’t seem to be a way for us to be forgiven and reconciled back unto God so that we can know God and live our lives in relationship with Him!
- Let’s be the dads who trust God so much that our wives see it and they lean in and trust God too!
- Let’s be the dads who trust God so much that our kids see it and they lean in and trust God too!
- Let’s be the dads who model our lives after our Heavenly Father so that our wives and kids can know and trust they will be taken care of!
- Let’s be the dads who model our lives after our Heavenly Father so that our wives and kids don’t have to worry about the day-to-day things because they know that those will all be taken care of!
- Let’s be the dads who are looking out for the best for our wives and kids!
- Let’s be the dads who are providing for the needs of our wives and kids!
- Let’s be the dads who like our Heavenly Father are looking to not only meet the needs of our kids but to exceed them by providing something better than they expected!
- Let’s be the dads who like our Heavenly Father are looking to provide love, hope, and faith into our families for our wives and kids to cling to and be able to live by.
- In today’s devotional, we hear about the author’s personal story and how God was able to work a way through his dad to show God’s love and provision!
- Let’s be the dads who are pouring love and provision into the lives of our wives and kids!
- Today’s devotional closed with this question:
- Today’s devotional even closed with an opening for you and for me: